Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Andor discussion thread
« Last post by Øystein on Today at 12:31:35 »
Another great episode, slowly building towards a preliminary climax. (since the season is 12 episodes, I doubt it'll be the only crescendo)
And my wish has become a reality, the Urbie box is on the webstore!
https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-urbanmech-company-box

My 'local' store (in the Netherlands) is looking at their sources if they can get this product in store, otherwise I'll order via the CGL store or wait for the new KS...
The current case for a lunar base is water mining. The thing is, those expensive things you need to launch from Earth includes fuel. If you can get x kg of LOX and LH into LEO cheaper from the Moon than from Earth you have a business case, and the delta-v from the Moon is way lower!
Should it also be possible to make a catapult or tiny mass driver on the moon to get that delta-v for shipments?
That should also really reduce the long-term costs.
six weeks until the vague, definitely not set in stone "November" guestimate

Yeah that's a very soft estimate--looking forward to a hard street date when it is available.  Definitely hoping shipping/distributing snafus don't push this one any later, perfect Christmas present.
The MADs' advantage is the LL. But to use the LL it needs to risk getting into LRM medium range where the Imp can reliable score hits with its 8 rounds... A few good rolls and that LRM may well score enough hits to give the Imp the advantage.

(As an aside, if the Imp was armed as described in TRO3050 it would be scary - LL+LRM5 instead of ML+LRM15.)
Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: Shrapnel 10 - Thoughts?
« Last post by tassa_kay on Today at 12:11:02 »
I'm literally buying this issue because of Kara's Scorchers getting a write-up. This unit has interested me ever since MWDA introduced it to the clicky game, and I'm excited to see it get fleshed out more. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this write-up?
Fan Fiction / Re: The glow of a worm inside a child's eye...
« Last post by CVB on Today at 12:10:44 »
Wasn't it "it looks and sounds as if you squeeze a cat in your armpit and bite on its tail"?
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Last post by cmerwin on Today at 12:04:45 »
So like Sean Connery "s Zardoz outfit, sans the mask?  ???

TT
;D ;D ;D
The current case for a lunar base is water mining. The thing is, those expensive things you need to launch from Earth includes fuel. If you can get x kg of LOX and LH into LEO cheaper from the Moon than from Earth you have a business case, and the delta-v from the Moon is way lower!
Give how the lances are set up & completely ignored faction for AS lance formations, I'm thinking lances are the likely way things keep going.

That said I wish the lance boxes were a bit more "focused".

Seeing a Warhammer & Wasp or Marauder & Stinger in the same lance really lacked "focus" to me, but maybe that's just me.

Nightstar + Bushmaster was even a little off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10