Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
BattleTech Game Errata / Re: Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged
« Last post by GreekFire on Today at 18:07:25 »
Dev-level errata:

Scorpion Light Tank, all variants.
---Move Turret-mounted Machine Gun to the Front location.
The rules for combat vehicles are in Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment, p.115. It does not mention whether vehicles are allow or prohibited to enter water depth 1 or lower (basically driving along the ground). But the Tech Manual, which on p.216 describes the rules of environmental sealing for Industrial Mechs and Support Vehicles says, that those are allowed to enter depth 2 resp. 1, when they posses both sealing and a fission, fusion of fuel cell engine.

Since the Tech Manual actively points towards TacOps for the CV rules, I assumed that combat vehicles as well can be submerged when they're sealed and have a proper engine. But it's curious, that TacOps makes no mention of it.
I'm a little surprised the VND-7L didn't get CR in Alpha Strike rules.

Has anyone tried the Galleon 201 yet? I'm thinking it needs some precision ammo and some fa Shih riding the top.

Reinforced only gives a -1 in classic so it doesnt qualify for CR. I asked the same thing about the Mastodon
Meanwhile, this morning...Orion/Artemis I has begun its return trip.

So this bit of equipment protects from vacuum and tainted atmospheres.  But then there is the Rommel Tank (Sealed)  which has a torpedo system on it implying it works under water too.

Does anyone know where in the rules this is covered?  Or does it go down to "We designed it badly.  As a joke."

Off Topic / Re: Squad LMG?
« Last post by Elmoth on Today at 17:25:03 »
Now I am a little bit confused.

Other posters have pointed out  that the SAW was important, but not the central pillar of the squad. Just another team player that provides some more suppressive fire, but was not *the* weapon of the squad...

Quoting myself as others agreed with this...
So a LMG (bipod weapon, not tripod mounted) is a supression platform that allows the riflemen (assault rifle guys) to engage the enemy from a better firing position as they can prepare and take good positions, or allowing them to engage having been able to manoeuver thanks to that supressive fire that kept the enemy pinned down. More this than anything.

OTOH that does NOT contradict your statement...

It would seem that the LMG is, then, a suppression element. It is key in that. No other weapon in the squad can achieve that level of suppression over time (only in very short periods of time), so the second role you pointed out, "FIX", seems to be the (almost) sole role of the SAW.

Then the rest of the team manoeuvers to FINISH the opposition while the SAW does its FIX thing. I guess in the 4 steps process you describe the SAW is key, as the second step is the almost exclusive area of the SAW.

Is that it?

General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Front View of a Galleon
« Last post by Goose on Today at 17:21:50 »
Got a small screen grab from Worthpoint.
One small step for [form]; One giant leap for [formkind]  :P

More/better examples welcome
I think the biggest demonstration of the changeover from feudalism we see is in Highlander Gambit. The mercs are acting like it's 3015, the consul is trying to assert federal powers and chain of command. 
That reminds me of what happened last Friday.  I ran up an Arctic Wolf up to try and NARC a target for my Gorgons as well as apply his own SRM shenanigans, but he got TAG'd and hit by a couple LRM Carriers.  Lost his Hip in that action.  He didn't move much more that game for some reason...

A little later on my Ice Ferret progressed past and got hit by LRM Carriers after being savaged by a Kodiak.  Between Floating Crits and Structure Crits, there was a total of 9 Critical hit Rolls to be made against him.  1 in the Left Arm, 2 in the Left Torso, 1 in the Head, 1 in the Center Torso, and a grand total of 4 in the Right Torso (and the Torsos were still there after this).  2 of the Right Torso Crits were Floating.  My opponent rolled the Left Arm, nothing.  Head, Sensors.  Left Torso, both rolls gained 1 Crit each with nothing but Engine in the Torso.  Right Torso, first two rolls were 12s (batch rolling to speed things up), and it had as much in it as the Left Torso.  Oddly enough, the CT Crit didn't amount to anything.

We were both amazed at the results.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Fron View of a Galleon
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 17:00:48 »
They looked older than me.

I like those images of the tank; especially the hidden missile-launcher.

Now I get the MML variant in the recent RecGuide!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10