Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Website and Forum Support / Re: Minor MUL issue with link
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 20:19:35 »
 :o

I hope you get an answer to that one! :fingers crossed:
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Crazy Like a Fox
« Last post by ShroudedSciuridae on Today at 20:15:43 »
Later FASA, FM:FS 5th Crucis Lancers. Thugees ambush and kill two entire battalions worth of MechWarriors and tankers but leave the equipment. So the AFFS/C just shrug and throw new bodies into the machines. Not even pausing to clean them to take down the personal pictures apparently, they then scratch their heads when the new guys start getting sick after using the equipment the Thugees were crawling over for days.
It's been resolved?  Is there an explanation for the error? ???
Yep, that's exactly how you play a design like that!  :thumbsup:
Gamble
Aerospace Combat / Re: What to call the "sensors" officer?
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 20:10:52 »
Sorry I'm late!

For the radars and such, the current Department Head title is "Combat Systems Officer (CSO)", at least for big enouigh ships.

On smaller ships, my community's DIVOs are called "SIGWO" for "Signals Warfare Officer".

Radar and other pure sensors are generally lumped into the Operations Department.

Ultimately it's up to the CO how they organize their ship.  Navies over the centuries always default to that...  ^-^
Cheers. Thanks for the update!

Great images of the Fitter, chanman. Always loved the brutal aesthetic, even if it wasn't shall we say, a world-beater. The black Polish bird is quite striking. "RAF impression..."  ;D

Here's another:

View from a USN F/A-18 over Syria.
Off Topic / Re: Squad LMG?
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 20:06:30 »
Ahem, point of order, Vonshroom?  "Rate of Fire" isn't as important as volume of fire.  Particularly in the machinegun role.  too high a rate? and you run out of ammo without doing very much.  Miniguns are typically vehicle mount (outside of hollywood movies) because you need the bigger platform to carry all the ammo.

Also to handle the recoil.  Jesse Ventura was a big, jacked dude when he costarred in Predator and he could barely carry the minigun, and the recoil (while firing blanks) was so strong that he needed to have someone standing out of view of the camera pushing on his back to avoid being knocked over by it.
Fan Art / Re: Spacecraft Dimensions - Round Two
« Last post by Weirdo on Today at 20:05:34 »
Holy updates! The previous versions have been on my wallpaper rotation for years, but if 5 completely forgotten about this thread!
Bet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10