Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
It reminds me of an Inner Sphere version of the Kodiak 3.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Last post by Kitsune413 on Today at 12:00:12 »
Except the Regulans. 😂
Yeah the Pillager is awesome! Yet another dual Gauss Pillager would've been very redundant and probably somewhat difficult to execute reasonably.

At a glance, getting the TSM going shouldn't be too difficult, so to-hit penalty from heat aside, it is pretty damn nice design.
And now an XLFE version of the Karnov, since the XLFE technology is 100+ years old by 3150 and there's still no real downside to its use in combat vehicles, I redid the Super Karnov with a mind to transporting one Jaguar or a platoon of mechanized infantry and its APCs separately.
Code: [Select]
Super Karnov Transport

Mass: 60 tons
Movement Type: VTOL
Power Plant: 250 XL
Cruising Speed: 86.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 129.6 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
Manufacturer: Unknown
     Primary Factory: Unknown
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 2600
Tech Rating/Availability: E/D-F(F*)-E-D
Cost: 13,233,000 C-bills

Type: Super Karnov Transport
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Movement Type: VTOL
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 188

Equipment                                          Mass
Internal Structure                                   12
Engine                        250 XL                 10
Cruising MP: 8
Flank MP: 12
Heat Sinks:                   10                      0
Control Equipment:                                  3.0
Lift Equipment:                                     6.0
Power Amplifier:                                    0.0
Armor Factor                  32                      2

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Front                   6         8     
     R/L Side               6/6       7/7   
     Rear                    6         8     
     Rotor                   6         2     

Weapons
and Ammo              Location    Tonnage   
Cargo                   Body        27.0   
The idea is one foot platoon at three tons, breaking up into four squads to fit into six-ton APCs.  But, you say, there's no such thing as a six ton APC!  Well I beg to differ.
Code: [Select]
Super Six IFV

Mass: 6 tons
Movement Type: Tracked
Power Plant: 45 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 75.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 118.8 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
     1 ER Medium Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
     Primary Factory: Unknown
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3145
Tech Rating/Availability: E/X-X-X-D
Cost: 130,380 C-bills

Type: Super Six
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Movement Type: Tracked
Tonnage: 6
Battle Value: 172

Equipment                                          Mass
Internal Structure                                    1
Engine                        45 Fusion             1.5
Cruising MP: 7
Flank MP: 11
Heat Sinks:                   10                      0
Control Equipment:                                  0.5
Power Amplifier:                                    0.0
Armor Factor                  16                      1

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Front                   1         4     
     R/L Side               1/1       4/4   
     Rear                    1         4     

Weapons
and Ammo              Location    Tonnage   
ER Medium Laser        Front        1.0     
Infantry                Body        1.0     
I suppose it relies on the infantry to protect itself from other grunts; you did take a Heavy Burst weapon in your squad right? 
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Protectorate
« Last post by Kitsune413 on Today at 11:57:48 »
As tough as it is, the Clan Protectorate / Spirit Cats are a sub faction now. Battletech had issues with faction bloat for awhile. It's just not manageable to have as many factions as they had and write about them enough to make people happy.

I'd personally like to know how Sea Fox Aimags are structured and they really haven't detailed that.

The Clan Protectorate is odd because its a clan faction in an Inner Sphere realm but I don't think that there is anything to really know about their formations. They seem organized like a normal clan.

The character creation rules for the rpg are probably enlightening for this. The big question is honestly: What product would they present that information in?

We can probably piece it together by looking into some pilot descriptions in the Ilclan TRO series.

Could also maybe just ask in the, "Ask the Writers." Forum.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Last post by Geg on Today at 11:56:04 »
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I get some serious 'The Protectorate is on borrowed time' vibes from recent events.

And Nova Cats showing up in the recent GB focused product would just be even worse news for the Cats, if past interactions were any clue. You know, executing fleeing refugees from a genocide?

The Sea Foxes are about to become untouchable with the HPG Restoration, Merc Bonding, and Arms dealing.   As long as the Spirit Cats are functioning as the Marik Planetary militia for one of their core factory and warehouse world they are probably safe from everybody expect the Sea Foxes.

I will agree with you that the Protectorate as a province of the FWL is teetering on the Edge.

I know it's a bit of a Dark Horse option, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the FWL joining the 3rd League with two Clan dominated member states.   The Clan Protectorate under the Cats and the Clan Commonwealth under Othar were the Marik-Steward Commonwealth used to be.   I can see Kalasa making the case that the FWL is Clan enough (after some addtitional integration).
Goes to show how observant I am....
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Custom Battlemaster
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 11:49:31 »
Nice work!
Cubby said in the New Releases thread that IlKhan will focus on the center of the IS. We already heard some news out of the Barrens (Tamar), Canopians and Marians (EA) and Taurians (DD). I doubt we're getting more, for now.

No, it's built along the same lines as the others in this cycle. Same timeframe, same structure, it's just the middle of the doughnut that we haven't covered yet.

The only exception to that structure is some added material, a sort of overview of the state of the IS in mid-3152. A short summation of this cycle of books.
Now you have put it up about the "super cargo" enganging in "missionary movement operations" ...  :o

Just hoping the the Wolf can keep this under wraps ... otherwise that'll end with the SLiE/Wolverines between a rock and a hard place.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Register