Register Register

Author Topic: Selling Clan equipment  (Read 355 times)

General308

• Lieutenant
Selling Clan equipment
« on: 13 March 2021, 18:54:35 »
So playing a long time RPG campaign.  I have a player running a merc unit in 3063 to 3064.  He is wanting to sell some Clan Omni mechs that his unit has.  He doesn't want to deal with having to find clan parts. Which is fine.  My question is how much is clan equipment going for and in this case whole mechs in that period of time?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Warrant Officer
Re: Selling Clan equipment
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2021, 20:28:03 »
A time of war has various price modifiers in it somewhere. Or maybe it’s the companion.

Really for a whole clan mech with various pod setups it would be a big deal for the FWL, CC and FedSun half at the time. Only the LC and DC would have reliable access to clan salvage, and the nature of clan combat at the time was short trials and raids across the Tukayyid line, so whole mechs would be hard for them to come by even still.

The CC, and FWL would use them as show pieces and would probably pay 2-3 times whatever the era modifier for clan stuff is. Fed Suns would probably be similar, but might have more access to clan tech to continuously use them from their work with the whole Fed-Com thing. DC and Lyran would probably pay 1.5-2 times it’s modified worth. Transport time and fees would be less (clan salvage comes from the clan front) and they would be able to reliably use them despite damage due to their ability to gain more and more access to clan tech. And around this time WiE and Nova Cats started their semi-integration into Spheroid states, boosting their abilities to maintain and use clan tech for more than one outing.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2021, 10:55:20 »
I seem to recall there was a note somewhere in one of the Merc FMs or maybe as early as Mercs 3055.

Clan Tech on the black market was going for like 4-10x or 4-20x as much as the same IS part.

That was black market AFAICR but there was also a note about the IS Nations trading you out salvage for the same item or 2x the items in salvage terms.

So I'd honestly start at 2x the value & go as high as 4x.
Anything more would require a really desperate client & some major leverage & Roleplay set up.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2021, 03:17:50 »
Clan Diamond Shark tend to sell whole mechs at list price but aftermarket weapons , endosteal , armor , and ammo at 2-2.8 X market ( White Market ) .  This is for an approved customer . Black Market  30X-50X list price to the end user. so the guy selling the salvage to organized crime gang might get 3X-5X if the are taking Non of the risk. double if they are . Grey Market is done to IS manufactures for Exchange at about 2:1 value . Governments may exchange at 1:1 value but by the dates given they tend to have enough actual hardware to reverse engineer so it is  mostly done to fulfill the terms of Support to a unit that they contracted that fields limited Clan tech .

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2021, 17:19:13 »
I would seriously consider just making it simple, 1D6 +1 X list with exploding die option on a 6 and the following dice being 1d6-1
this will make the most common prices being 2-6X list with a reduced probability of 7-12x cost and 13+ being almost unheard of.
note these prices would be the buyers Maximum they would be willing to go and the Mech would need to be fully functional, (fully repaired with clan grade parts)

if the seller has additional sets of equipment to build other standard loadouts that they are willing to part with I could see those going for a pretty healthy premium as well

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2021, 14:23:53 »
I would seriously consider just making it simple, 1D6 +1 X list with exploding die option on a 6 and the following dice being 1d6-1
this will make the most common prices being 2-6X list with a reduced probability of 7-12x cost and 13+ being almost unheard of.

Interesting formula, I like it.

After seeing it, I'm pondering 1+D3*D3*List, giving you a range of 2x-10x with average being 5x.

Keeps roughly the same average w/ less variation at the edges.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo