Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Ammo  (Read 1139 times)

BobOgguun

• Recruit
(Answered) Ammo
« on: 14 October 2020, 20:58:17 »
So getting back into Battletech, the last time I played it was mostly we had the card board punch outs of the Mechs. My question is say a Catapult Fires both of its LRMs off(think they have 12 in each) so its 24 total missiles. On the ammo tracker that says 24. Does that check off all the boxes, or as some who I was playing says it just check off 2 boxes? So by that train of thought, that would let it fire 24 missiles 12 times, provided that it does overheat or the LRMs launcher gets taken out.He wanted to argue that he was right, and I just wanted to keep the game going sense I was getting back into it. It just seems to me that his train of thought is off. It would seem me that would make a Mech with LRMs or SRMs really broken. Can someone please help me out.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2020, 23:46:43 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Ammo
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2020, 23:46:35 »
A shot is a full salvo of whatever weapon it's for.  So a Catapult -C1 has 16 salvoes of LRMs, not 16 missiles.  If you fire both LRM launchers in a round, you cross off 2 shots, leaving you with 14 salvoes remaining.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

BobOgguun

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Ammo
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2020, 00:57:27 »
 Thank you for clearing that up for me. It will make my next game a little bit more interesting

Register