Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Rear armor and limbs  (Read 427 times)

Gatrie

• Recruit
(Answered) Rear armor and limbs
« on: 15 September 2021, 14:29:59 »
So I was reading through the a game of armored combat rule book and noticed that it said that limbs 'do not have rear armor'.

I am currently operating under the assumption that shots to rear arc which hit a limb hit the regular armor being that it has no separate rear armor like the torsos, as opposed to it literally having no rear armor where any hits to the limbs immediately do internal damage.

Also does anyone know where I can order the new Battlemech manual? It seems everyone either carries the old one [and is sold out] or has the new [but is also sold out]. It seems amazon has one from 2017 but different cover then what is on the catalyst game store. So I would assume a different edition/rulebook altogether? There are numerous sites offering pdf's but no print on demand.

Any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: 15 September 2021, 16:20:32 by Hammer »

Hammer

• Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Rear armor and limbs
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2021, 15:48:04 »
So I was reading through the a game of armored combat rule book and noticed that it said that limbs 'do not have rear armor'.

I am currently operating under the assumption that shots to rear arc which hit a limb hit the regular armor being that it has no separate rear armor like the torsos, as opposed to it literally having no rear armor where any hits to the limbs immediately do internal damage.
If the limb is hit damage is applied to the armor of the limb regardless of the direction of incoming fire.

I've asked someone to address the stock situation as they have a better take on it.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Rear armor and limbs
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2021, 16:10:06 »
Specifically, it says "the arms, legs, and head do not have rear armor locations", which means they don't have separate locations for the rear as distinct from the front (like the torsos have).

Stock levels aren't a rules question, but I can tell you Amazon just hasn't bothered ever updating its art for the page.  The picture shown there is for the 1st printing, which is long gone (and you're far better off with later printings in any case).  I can't speak for a third-party company, but you'd almost certainly get a third printing or, more likely, a fourth printing (the latest, with a green cover) were you to order there, simple because earlier stock has sold out most everywhere else.

CGL always has the latest printings if in stock at their store.  Right now the global shipping trouble is playing havoc with restocks, but Catalyst is working to bring in more of everything.  Beyond that I can't be more specific.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Gatrie

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Rear armor and limbs
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2021, 16:49:24 »
Thanks y'all I appreciate the quick reply

Register