Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Primitive Prototype Weapons, Targeting Quirks  (Read 148 times)

RifleMech

• Captain
Hi,

I'm not sure where to put this. Sorry. :( I also don't have page numbers for everything because I really don't know where to find all the Quirks that might apply. (Which book has the latest list?)

IOp118
Says that Primitive Prototype Weapons can't be used with modern targeting enhancers. Does that apply to all the various positive and negative quirks?

For example, Bob has to replace one of his JagerMech's AC/2s with a Primitive Prototype version. Would his Mech's AA targeting system work with the older autocannon?

« Last Edit: 27 August 2021, 23:03:09 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Primitive Prototype Weapons, Targeting Quirks
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2021, 23:03:01 »
The latest complete quirk list is in Campaign Operations (2nd printing/revised).  Otherwise, the BMM.

It depends on the nature of the quirk.  In some cases the fluff makes it clear the bonus is due to the weapon mount, in others because it's an accurate weapon, and still others because it's the targeting system.  AA in particular is a targeting system, as are any of the variable-range targeting quirks.  Stabilized weapon could work fine, however.  Beyond that, this is a GM/group call, rather than a hard and fast set of rules.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

RifleMech

• Captain
Re: Primitive Prototype Weapons, Targeting Quirks
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2021, 17:49:22 »
The latest complete quirk list is in Campaign Operations (2nd printing/revised).  Otherwise, the BMM.

It depends on the nature of the quirk.  In some cases the fluff makes it clear the bonus is due to the weapon mount, in others because it's an accurate weapon, and still others because it's the targeting system.  AA in particular is a targeting system, as are any of the variable-range targeting quirks.  Stabilized weapon could work fine, however.  Beyond that, this is a GM/group call, rather than a hard and fast set of rules.

Cool! Thanks. :)

So...maybe?   That's cool. Thanks :) 

Register