Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Battle of Tukayyid Questions  (Read 193 times)

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
(Answered) Battle of Tukayyid Questions
« on: 21 January 2021, 11:35:23 »
I don't know if there is an errata for the Battle of Tukayyid Chaos Campaign but I've noticed a couple of small issues:

Pg. 23 Force Building.  Table: Unit Cost Table.

The cost for Heavy Front-Line 'Mechs and Heavy Second-line 'Mechs are listed as 16/20/22 (Force Points).  Following the other patterns shouldn't this be 16/20/24?

Should the Second-Line 'Mechs cost the same as Font-Line (Omni) 'Mechs?  I would have thought they would cost less

Shedding honor: Can the reinforcement mech be of any tonnage?

Pg. 80 A Matter of Luk
Defender - " The Defender must select one hex per mapsheet, at least 10 hexes from their home edge and 15 hexes from any other selected hex, to be buildings of interest . These buildings are medium buildings ." - There is no mention of the number of Medium Buildings.

Pg. 127 Flower Power.
WarChest Options seem to be listed incorrectly.
The +200 Artillery Strike (Defender only) should say Attacker only - as it gives the advantage to the defender.
The +200 Shedding Honor (Attacker only) should sat Defender only - as it gives the advantage to the defender.

Force Construction.

There seems to be no mention of the Number of units the ComStar force can take.  While it suggests the Clan forces have a Campaign Force of 15 Mechs (expected track size of 5), there is no mention of the number of ComStar Units.  Can they take as many as they want (still paying the Force Cost of course)?

Chaos Campaign Repair Cost

Unlike prior Chaos Campaign books the cost for repairing and purchasing Introductory Technology BattleMechs does not appear, usually they cost half the cost of Standard Technology Units.  I guess this is a simplification?
« Last Edit: 18 February 2021, 14:09:33 by Xotl »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Battle of Tukayyid Questions
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2021, 12:56:23 »
I don't know if there is an errata for the Battle of Tukayyid Chaos Campaign but I've noticed a couple of small issues:

Pg. 23 Force Building.  Table: Unit Cost Table.

The cost for Heavy Front-Line 'Mechs and Heavy Second-line 'Mechs are listed as 16/20/22 (Force Points).  Following the other patterns shouldn't this be 16/20/24?
Should the Second-Line 'Mechs cost the same as Font-Line (Omni) 'Mechs?  I would have thought they would cost less
No for both.  The pattern for lights, mediums, heavies and elementals is that the cost increase for Elite to Heroic is less than the cost to go from Veteran to Elite. Only Assaults pay "full price" for going to Heroic. 

Shedding honor: Can the reinforcement mech be of any tonnage?
Yes.

Pg. 80 A Matter of Luk
Defender - " The Defender must select one hex per mapsheet, at least 10 hexes from their home edge and 15 hexes from any other selected hex, to be buildings of interest . These buildings are medium buildings ." - There is no mention of the number of Medium Buildings.
Buildings are hexes.  "One [building] hex per mapsheet."  If you are using two mapsheets, there there are two medium building hexes, one on each mapsheet.

Pg. 127 Flower Power.
WarChest Options seem to be listed incorrectly.
The +200 Artillery Strike (Defender only) should say Attacker only - as it gives the advantage to the defender.
The +200 Shedding Honor (Attacker only) should sat Defender only - as it gives the advantage to the defender.
Correct. Will add as errata.

Force Construction.

There seems to be no mention of the Number of units the ComStar force can take.  While it suggests the Clan forces have a Campaign Force of 15 Mechs (expected track size of 5), there is no mention of the number of ComStar Units.  Can they take as many as they want (still paying the Force Cost of course)?
There are no restrictions on numbers of units.  The names are approximate and given for some context to inform the choice, they are not requirements.  Force Points (or BV/PV if using those options) are the limits.

Chaos Campaign Repair Cost

Unlike prior Chaos Campaign books the cost for repairing and purchasing Introductory Technology BattleMechs does not appear, usually they cost half the cost of Standard Technology Units.  I guess this is a simplification?
ComStar's logistics did not depend on using introductory tech to save warchest points, and did not want to encourage the ComStar player to play that way. ComStar is fully prepared to handle standard technology as easily as introductory.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Re: Battle of Tukayyid Questions
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2021, 16:18:59 »
Thanks for those answers.  I guess the StandardTech/IntroTech simplification helps, although it would encourage more players to take Standard Tech over Introductory Technology units for ComStar.

I'm interested in the whole designer development process behind the BOT.  I understand there was a design decision to streamline the Chaos Campaign system, removing some of the ideas.

While I appreciate the simplicity of the Force Design System - I feel that the more experience players would far prefer to play by the full on BV rules.  The same with the Combined Arms rules.

Maybe the Tukayyid Supplemental could have included RAT's for vehicles for thsoe who wanted to play full fat BV and Total Warfare.

One thing I've noticed is that you have not included the x2 multiplier for Clan tech is not present (as per Total Chaos)

Also the simplification of the Battle Force Size Multiplier.

I would hope at some point we get a more unified complete and updated version of Chaos Campaign which combines Camp Ops, Total War, Chaos Campaign and Chaos Campaign: Succession Wars
« Last Edit: 21 January 2021, 17:12:29 by strategoslevel3 »

Register