Register Register

Author Topic: Gun it SCA [Combat Manual: Mercs)  (Read 412 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Gun it SCA [Combat Manual: Mercs)
« on: 18 July 2022, 03:09:31 »
Combat Manual: Mercenaries
Actual page 91.

Gun it states:

“The Units in this Force may sprint (see AS, p. 63) and attack, but do so with a +1 To-Hit penalty and increase their Heat Scale by 1.”

How do units that don’t utilize the heat scale deal with this? Do they take heat as damage like they do with the HT special (AS:CE 48 in my printing), or because they don’t specifically have a heat scale they can ignore it? Or does it only apply to mechs, who can both sprint and has a native heat scale?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Gun it SCA [Combat Manual: Mercs)
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2022, 14:54:48 »
Bump

Also if this will be covered in the reprised Combat Manual Series I’ll stop.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Gun it SCA [Combat Manual: Mercs)
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2022, 15:05:33 »
If they don't have a heat scale, they can't use the ability.  Ie. It's 'Mech only.  Fighters can't sprint. Other units don't use heat scale.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
(Answered) Re: Gun it SCA [Combat Manual: Mercs)
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2022, 15:07:23 »
Combat Manual: Mercenaries
Actual page 91.

Gun it states:

“The Units in this Force may sprint (see AS, p. 63) and attack, but do so with a +1 To-Hit penalty and increase their Heat Scale by 1.”

How do units that don’t utilize the heat scale deal with this? Do they take heat as damage like they do with the HT special (AS:CE 48 in my printing), or because they don’t specifically have a heat scale they can ignore it? Or does it only apply to mechs, who can both sprint and has a native heat scale?
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]