Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Campaign Operations: Quirks and Rifle Cannon  (Read 604 times)

CVB

• Captain
Campaign Operations, 3rd printing, (c)2021, pp. 225ff., "Design Quirks",
Rifle Cannon see Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment, 4th printing, (c)2020, p. 150.
Question: several  design quirks are valued by the damage a weapon inflicts, e.g.
  • Accurate Weapon: cost is 1 point per 7 points (or fraction thereof) of maximum damage the weapon or bay can inflict in a single Damage Value grouping.
  • Anti-Aircraft Targeting: cost is 1 point per 5 points...
  • Stabilized Weapon: cost is 1 point per 7 points...
  • Variable Range Targeting: cost is 1 point per 5 points...

For these quirk point costs, does a Light/Medium/Heavy Rifle Cannon count as 3/6/9 points of damage, or as 0/3/6 ("...because they lack the armorpenetrating power of modern autocannons, rifles of all sizes must subtract 3 points of damage (to a minimum of 0) for successful attacks against any unit except for conventional infantry, battle armor, ’Mechs using Commercial Armor, or Support Vehicles with a BAR rating below 8.")

« Last Edit: 24 June 2022, 11:56:25 by Hammer »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
Re: Campaign Operations: Quirks and Rifle Cannon
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2022, 08:03:24 »
calculate based on unmodified damage. the formula does not account for the year in universe or potential targets.

CVB

• Captain
Re: Campaign Operations: Quirks and Rifle Cannon
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2022, 08:45:19 »
Thanks!
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Register