Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Advanced Determining Critical Hits Rule and Ammo Explosion  (Read 2360 times)

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
Ok, the Advanced Determining Critical Hits rule is on pg. 74 of TacOps. This rule allows for a bonus to the critical hit roll when the damage value of the weapon causing the crit is higher. My question is how to apply this in the case of ammo explosions, with and without CASE.

TW, pg. 125 says that you need to make a critical hit roll for ammunition explosions. My question is what damage value should be used for this calculation. If you use the full damage of the explosion, then the crit roll is almost always going to get a +4 bonus which can easily cause a chain reaction of bad outcomes.

This isn't so much an issue on mechs without CASE because they are probably goners anyway, but it gets complicated when CASE is involved. Let say I have a mech with 7 internal structure left in its RT that gets an ammo explosion there for 100 points. If it has CASE, what should the damage value be for the crit roll? 100? 7? Something else?
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 02:08:37 by Xotl »
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Advanced Determining Critical Hits Rule and Ammo Explosion
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2011, 18:50:24 »
The rule applies only to damage taken from weapon attacks. Damage taken from falls, ammo explosions, etc do not get modified by this table.

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register