Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Ghost Targets created by different systems  (Read 3069 times)

Feign

• Warrant Officer
In the expanded ECM rules, there are three independent systems that can all be used simultaneously, and all can be tuned to create Ghost Targets.  Can a single unit that mounts 7 tons of Communication Equipment, an ECM suite and a Command Console create three separate Ghost Target fields?

Also, I'm reading the rules for generating Ghost Target field with a Command Console p.102, "Additionally, apply a +3 modifier to the die roll result when making the Piloting Skill Roll to determine the to-hit modifier for attacks from such a unit as described above." This I see as being possible to read two ways:

a) When the unit with the Command Console uses it to make a Ghost Target field, they roll 2d6+3 against their piloting skill to determine the modifier that attackers through the field must pass to ignore the to-hit penalty.
  or
b) When the unit with the Command Console makes an attack through a Ghost Target field, roll 2d6+3 against their Piloting skill to ignore the to-hit penalty.

If the latter, does the modifier stack with the +2 roll modifier gained from using a Targeting Computer to fire through a Ghost Target field?  And does the +3 roll modifier apply if the primary pilot makes the PSR rather than the commander?
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 00:40:51 by Xotl »
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

Feign

• Warrant Officer
Re: Ghost Targets created by different systems
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2011, 15:47:37 »
I don't usually bump posts, but this seems like an extraordinary case.  The situation recently came up in a game and it bogged down for a little session of reading comprehension before we house-ruled it as "yes" for the first question, "b" for the second, and "Primary pilot can't attempt the PSR" for the third.

Any chance of a confirmation or denial of these?  One of the mechs in the campaign has both an ECM suite and a Command Console, so I'm thinking it'll be a favorite tactic of theirs for a little while at least...

Xotl: answered in the latest errata.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 00:41:18 by Xotl »
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

Register