Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Clan ERPPC + PPC Capacitor?  (Read 3294 times)

Grave

• Lieutenant
  • All Your Salvage Are Belong To Us
(Answered) Clan ERPPC + PPC Capacitor?
« on: 24 August 2011, 09:29:39 »
Tac Ops, pg. 336:

"PPC Capacitors may be added to any Inner Sphere standard-scale PPC weapon including Light PPCs, Heavy PPCs, ER PPCs, and Snub-Nosed PPCs, but not counting Naval PPCs of any size, or particle cannon weapons carried by infantry units).

Now, this obviously precludes Clan ERPPCs + Capacitors, as the construction rule specifically states "Inner Sphere standard scale." My question is, for experimental rules level and mixed tech units, is there any sort of construction fluff or design difference that precludes the ability of an cERPPC to mount a capacitor? If not, and the rule still applies to experimentals and mixed tech units, is the only reason the rule applies game balance? (20 damage PPCs at 20+ hexes)
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 02:01:53 by Xotl »

Yea, it really is that fast....

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: Clan ERPPC + PPC Capacitor?
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2011, 10:43:38 »
It is my understanding at this time that for a Mixed Tech design, anything goes, so yes you can have a Clan ERPPC and Capacitor.

I may change this ruling at a later date.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

Grave

• Lieutenant
  • All Your Salvage Are Belong To Us
Re: Clan ERPPC + PPC Capacitor?
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2011, 10:54:08 »
Thanks!

Yea, it really is that fast....