Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Evade  (Read 3304 times)

AP514

(Answered) Evade
« on: 14 June 2011, 17:29:14 »
 Hi  ..I need a Rules clarification on Evade.(pg 20)... in TAC OPs.. says Evading Mp's- Run/Flank MP's...and additional +2 heat is generated.

But several players in my group say that a unit can EVADE and use WALK/Cruise.....But no place in the rule does it ever mention any walk/cruise MP's..to be able to get the additional +1...only that +2 more heat is generated on top of the 2 heat for Running..............

So, here it is...Can a unit still get the EVADE mod +1 if it does not Run/Flank ?

AP514

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 02:03:34 by Xotl »

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: Evade
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2011, 09:20:02 »
No, you are considered Running/Flanking if you use Evade.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

AP514

« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2011, 19:35:14 »
  Thanks for the fast response..... [rockon]  But....guys still say you just answered that you can walk and get the mod...your just consisdered to be running/Flanking.

So Please spell it out to these Knuckleheads for me.... If a unit DOES NOT use RUN/Flank MP's you can not get the EVADE +1 Mod...       

AP514
« Last Edit: 15 June 2011, 19:55:58 by AP514 »

Chunga

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2011, 08:45:38 »
Well, they are correct in that way. Just because you're 'running' doesn't mean you have to use all your MPs. You can move two hexes and be running.

When you declare a piece is moving, you then declare it's movement 'type' or 'style'. You then have X amount of MPs. You do not have to use them all.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

AP514

« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2011, 18:44:58 »

So your saying for example....
   I have a MEK that has a movement of 5/8. Im saying mek is EVADING....so It can use only 2 MP's (Walk speed) but declare Im running and still get the EVADE +1 mod....
(whats the Mek doing Zig-Zag'n in the hex, hop'n on 1 leg ,rolling on the ground but only use'n 2 Mp's to evade)

So bottom line is a unit can EVADE and use as little as 1 MP ( just change Face'n in a hex) and still get the +1  EVADE mod as long as the player says they are running

AP514

Chunga

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2011, 09:36:34 »
Well, if a player decides to only change facing but use Evade, they've done the following:

a total +1 movement modifier
4 heat

If my opponent did that, I'd pound the snot out of them. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2011, 10:34:16 by Chunga »

AP514

« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2011, 14:59:28 »

+2 for their own shot 
 um............EVADE unit can not fire...:P

AP514

Chunga

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2011, 10:34:25 »
My bad. I was hurrying.