Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Units in a vacuum  (Read 1270 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Units in a vacuum
« on: 11 September 2015, 15:05:30 »
Forgive me if this is the wrong place but my questions do involve both TO and IO.

There doesn't seem to be a provision baring WIGEs, VTOLs, and Hovers from operating in a vacuum as long as they have the right engine and environmental sealing. That seems rather odd since Thin Atmosphere reduces their Cruising MP by 2. If thin atmosphere slows them down how do they move when there's no atmosphere to provide any lift?

Since LAMs in AirMech mode move like WIGEs, with a couple exceptions listed in IO, how does being in vacuum effect them? Are they still able to use their Cruise/Flank MP or would they be considered regular jumping mechs?

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: 24 September 2015, 17:16:52 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Units in a vacuum
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2015, 17:16:40 »
There doesn't seem to be a provision baring WIGEs, VTOLs, and Hovers from operating in a vacuum as long as they have the right engine and environmental sealing. That seems rather odd since Thin Atmosphere reduces their Cruising MP by 2. If thin atmosphere slows them down how do they move when there's no atmosphere to provide any lift?

They don't  I'm assuming this was assumed to be common sense.

Since LAMs in AirMech mode move like WIGEs, with a couple exceptions listed in IO, how does being in vacuum effect them? Are they still able to use their Cruise/Flank MP or would they be considered regular jumping mechs?

We'll have to see the final release of IO to have this one answered.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2015, 16:15:54 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: Units in a vacuum
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2015, 04:12:30 »
They don't  I'm assuming this was assumed to be common sense.

We'll have to see the final release of IO to have this one answered.

I would have thought so too.

I kind of thought so. But I thought I'd ask so maybe the answer would be in IO instead of having to errata it in later.

Register