Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Artillery Cannon Scatter according to Errata  (Read 513 times)

Charistoph

• Captain
I was reading up on Artillery Cannons so I could be a rule grognard regarding them the next time they came up, and I was going through the Errata to make sure things were kosher as I only have the the old TO copy to work from, but when reading it a question came up. 

This is partially a question about the book and partially a question about Errata, so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot, or if the new TO books properly address this.

The old TO copy states the following:
" Missed shots by Artillery Cannons scatter per standard Artillery rules (see p. 182), but when rolling for scatter distance (from the intended target), divide the die roll result in half (rounding up) to determine the number of hexes the missed shot will scatter." - Page 285, Tactical Operations (old version)

But reading the Errata of the same book for Determining Hits, it states for determining the hits from Scatter:
"For each point of MoF the artillery round scatters by one hex." - Pg 31, Tactical Operations Errata 2019-12-06 v3.03

Does this translate that for missed Artillery Cannon shots that they:
A) Take the MoF and divide it by two to determine Scatter distance.  (A roll of 4 on a To-Hit shot of 10 scatters 3 hexes instead of the normal artillery of 6 hexes)
 - or -
B) Divide the To-Hit roll by half and then apply the MoF from there?
 - or -
C) This was addressed in the new split TO book, but never reached the Errata?

Edit: Proper mathematical English is important.
« Last Edit: 14 July 2022, 14:57:42 by Hammer »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • I can and I will make you use a Garm
    • Master Unit List
Re: (Research) Artillery Cannon Scatter according to Errata
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2022, 12:56:25 »
MoF / 2

Charistoph

• Captain
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem