Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered UPDATED) Ground-Mobile HPGs Pod-Mounted on Omnis  (Read 1779 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
According to the Construction Rules for Ground-Mobile HPGs in TacOps, p. 330:

Mobile HPGs [including Ground-Mobile HPGs] may not be pod-mounted on Omni-units.

However, the Septicemia (Pariah) Z pod-mounts a Ground-Mobile HPG, per WoR Supp, p. 70.

Is TacOps in error and Ground-Mobile HPGs can be pod-mounted on Omni-units?

Or is the Sep Z an illegal design?

There is no errata for this issue in the current version (v3.4) of the TacOps Errata.

There is no compiled errata for WoR Supp yet, and this issue does not appear to have been addressed in any of the candidate errata.

Thanks for any insight or decision.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 19:21:47 by Xotl »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Ground-Mobile HPGs Pod-Mounted on Omnis
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2015, 14:48:44 »
The Septicemia is in error: the item cannot be pod-mounted.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 19:21:34 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Answered) Ground-Mobile HPGs Pod-Mounted on Omnis
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2015, 19:21:23 »
I was in fact in error: I had missed the distinction between mobile HPGs and ground-mobile HPGs.  The Septicemia is fine.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: (Answered) Ground-Mobile HPGs Pod-Mounted on Omnis
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2015, 16:03:17 »
I was in fact in error: I had missed the distinction between mobile HPGs and ground-mobile HPGs.  The Septicemia is fine.

Thanks much for the Tac Ops correction.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."