Register Register

Author Topic: (Research) Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement  (Read 864 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
(Research) Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement
« on: 03 January 2021, 18:31:53 »
This relates to using the Double Blind rules (as per TacOps:AR 'Corrected Fourth Printing' pp.188-192). Simultaneous Movement (referred to under Double Blind, p.188) is not being used. I could not find rules that explained how this situation would be resolved.

A 'mech (A) uses Jump movement to clear a Height 2 building and land on the other side of it.
The destination hex has a (previously undetected) opposing 'mech (B) in it.

1 If 'mech B has already completed its movement, would this result in an accidental Death From Above attack by 'mech A, or would it be something else?

2 If 'mech B has not yet moved, which of the following would apply?
- a 'mech A would have it's movement 'paused in midair' until 'mech B is moved, and would then complete its jump into the original destination hex once 'mech B has been moved.
- b 'mech A would end its jump early, in the penultimate hex of its jump path (on top of the building, in this case, which would then be checked for collapse).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 13 April 2021, 14:04:23 by Xotl »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement.
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2021, 16:00:41 »
Bibbidi-bobbidi-bump.

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement.
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2021, 20:04:52 »
Jump bump.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: (Research) Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2021, 20:17:36 »
Bump, ta!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: (Research) Double Blind and interrupted Jump movement
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2021, 18:20:48 »
Bump!

Register