Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Quad Turrets and Mechanized Battle Armor  (Read 643 times)

Charistoph

• Captain
(Answered) Quad Turrets and Mechanized Battle Armor
« on: 25 March 2022, 13:16:05 »
Scenario setup: I am going to be taking a Sarath four-legged Omnimech with a Quad Turret.  The Turret is mounted in the Right Torso.  I am also taking a squad of 6 Nighthawk PA(L) Battle Armor.

Old school Tactical Ops (pg 347) says, "Turrets have no distinct hit locations and are treated as part of the body location in which they are mounted."  italics added for emphasis in below scenarios.

Total Warfare under Mechanized Battle Armor (pg 227) says, "Attacks by Carrying Units: An OmniMech cannot use any torso-mounted weapons in a location occupied by a trooper...".

So, I'm thinking one of two scenarios will be at play.

1. Turret is in Right Torso, so long as BA Trooper 1 & 3 are mounted, no Turreted weapon may fire, no matter which direction it is facing.

2. Turret is not actually part of any distinct location, so mounted BA will not prevent any weapons in the Turret from firing.

Obviously, I want it to be #2, but I'm expecting it to be #1.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2022, 02:31:22 by Xotl »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • I can and I will make you use a Garm
    • Master Unit List
Re: (Answered) Quad Turrets and Mechanized Battle Armor
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2022, 10:22:23 »
It's #1. The turret is definitely part of the torso. Quads aren't the best shooting taxi platforms.

Charistoph

• Captain
Re: (Answered) Quad Turrets and Mechanized Battle Armor
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2022, 12:14:44 »
Good to know, thank you!
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem