Register Register

Author Topic: Tactic use of Fieldguns and Infantry question.  (Read 1628 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Tactic use of Fieldguns and Infantry question.
« on: 24 May 2011, 14:33:02 »
Re: Infantry and Field Guns
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2011, 21:42:40 »

Greetings,

By strict game play rules, the Field Gun infantry cannot be separated from their field gun. The entire unit represents a tow vehicle (jeep, small truck, etc) and the towed field piece. Most APCs do not have tow hitches and would not have the right size hitch if they did.

Think of loading a truck and trailer into the back of a C-130. That's how it would work.

This is for strict game play, on the map sheet rules. For between battles, what works for your game is what you should do.

Best,
Joel BC

How would a Comstar / Word of Blake Field Gun Infantry Platoon of 36-men be able to be used? As far as I am informed, they have to be split into 2 equal units. No platoon can be more than 30-men max. So how am I be able to field them? Unless you'll allow a split of some kind. Or do they share the split but act differently as separate units?

Thank you,
Truetanker
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register