Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Fa Shih Battle Armor BV and Mines  (Read 2583 times)

the real Deus

• Corporal
(Answered) Fa Shih Battle Armor BV and Mines
« on: 17 June 2011, 08:20:32 »
Hi there,
what are the correct BV-costs for a Fa Shih Squad?

In TR:3058U a single trooper with Small Laser costs 37 BV. A 4-man squad should cost 37x5.2=192,4 rounded up to 193.
In RS:3058 Unabridged costs a single trooper 44 BV and a squad 229.
In MUL a squad costs 229.
If i construct them via TM, a single trooper costs 35,8456 BV and a squad 187 BV.

Which one is correct?
Are minefields already calculated into the MUL-costs or do I have to pay 8 (or 16) BV per trooper extra?
« Last Edit: 19 August 2012, 23:35:47 by Xotl »

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
   Arthur C. Clarke

the real Deus

• Corporal
Re: Fa Shih Battle Armor BV and Mines
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2012, 04:53:26 »
Bump bump bump!

And a further additional question: How many minefields and of what size can a Fa Shih squad deploy?
TO p. 325 says:
Minefields deployed using Vehicular or Battle Armor Mine Dispensers have a standard damage value of 10 per “shot” regardless of the mine type deployed. Though they incorporate 2 shots into their tonnage and critical space, Vehicular Mine Dispensers do not cause ammunition explosions if hit (or from overheating effects)
Has every trooper 2 shots? In RS:3058 Clans Unabridged are two "dots" per trooper.
Can more than one trooper deploy minefields and increase the size? 2 trooper = 20; 3 trooper = 30...
How much BV do you pay for the different types of mines?
Can you mix different types of mines within a squad?

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
   Arthur C. Clarke

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2012, 23:53:57 »
Answering your first question, the MUL has the most accurate BV.

Your second question will take some checking.

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2012, 17:29:09 »
Our apologies, our battle armor experts were detained by airport security. Do you know how long it takes to strip search a Grenadier?

Has every trooper 2 shots? In RS:3058 Clans Unabridged are two "dots" per trooper.

Yes, every trooper has two shots.

Can more than one trooper deploy minefields and increase the size? 2 trooper = 20; 3 trooper = 30...

No, you can only deploy mines with one trooper per turn, see TO (second printing) page 325 "Only one trooper per battle armor unit (Squad, Point, or Level I) may deploy mines each turn."

How much BV do you pay for the different types of mines?

BV for different types of mines can be found in TO at page 385

Can you mix different types of mines within a squad?

No, every trooper has to carry the same type of mine, as per the rules that you have to carry the same type of missile ammunition for every trooper.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register