Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Targeting Computer BV  (Read 1428 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
(Answered) Targeting Computer BV
« on: 29 January 2013, 18:00:48 »
So having a discussion with someone about TC BV and we ran into something a little odd:
(I have the FanPro edition of TM)

according to page 303:
Combat Targeting Computer: All weapons linked to a combat-grade targeting computer multiply their BVs by 1.25. Do not include ammunition when adjusting linked weapon BVs.

Now according to page 107:
E      Targeting Computer: The BV of a targeting computer equals 25 percent of the total BV of all weapons linked to the computer. Do not include the BV of ammo when calculating this sum, and use half the BV ratings of rear-mounted weapons.

The person I talked to said TC have essentially a BV of 0 and the weapons just multiply their BV by 1.25. And if I do both points I'm basically doubling the BV. So is that second note just a redundancy?

Help. I am totally confused now.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2013, 18:46:29 by Welshman »

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

...oh gods, I just tried to imagine herding mimetic cats.
The Lyrans aren't losers.  They're...winning impaired.

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Targeting Computer BV
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2013, 18:46:11 »
Hello,

The note on page 303 is there to remind you, that the Targeting Computer has special BV rules. As with all other notes on that page.

You modify weapon BV only once. If you calculate the TC's BV separately or inside the weapons's BV is up to you as it makes no difference for the resulting values.

Thank you,
Joel BC
BattleTech
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: (Answered) Targeting Computer BV
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2013, 19:00:45 »
Ok. Thanks. Though in that case wouldn't be easier to delete that first quote? Because the way it stands now it reads like you are supposed to up the BV of the weapons and add the BV of the TC. Just a thought.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

...oh gods, I just tried to imagine herding mimetic cats.
The Lyrans aren't losers.  They're...winning impaired.

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: (Answered) Targeting Computer BV
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2013, 19:11:33 »
Thank you for your input.

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.