Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Total Warfare flamer infantry construction  (Read 2618 times)

A. Lurker

• Major
Out of curiosity, how would one go about recreating Total Warfare flamer infantry (listed on TW p. 213, range profile on p. 215) with the TechManual conventional infantry construction rules? Their movement profile suggests that they must be using two support weapons per squad, yet that would also mean that the support weapons dictate the range of any weapon attacks the platoon makes -- and both infantry support flamers listed in the Conventional Infantry Weapons Table, specifically on TechManual p. 351 (or page 3 of the latest "Infantry Tables" errata document), only have a base range of 0. Which would limit flamer infantry to attacking only targets in their own hex and thus clashes with their established Total Warfare range...
« Last Edit: 12 May 2014, 13:51:13 by Xotl »

A. Lurker

• Major
Re: Total Warfare flamer infantry construction
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2014, 10:02:57 »
Bumped. (I actually got a PM asking me to a while back, just haven't been to the boards in forever.)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Total Warfare flamer infantry construction
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2014, 13:51:06 »
Some of the generic platoons in Total Warfare, the Flamer platoons included, cannot be recreated using Tech Manual.  It's a long-ago "oops" I think.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

A. Lurker

• Major
Re: (Answered) Total Warfare flamer infantry construction
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2014, 14:13:35 »
Mm. But those TW platoons are still considered "official", right? We just don't have the rules needed to build specifically them? (Just asking while the thread is still fresh rather than opening a whole new one; I think it's a natural enough followup.)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2014, 14:23:44 »
Yeah, still official until stated otherwise.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2014, 14:35:26 »
Got it then, I think. Thanks. :)