Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Clarifying the IS BA equipment table  (Read 899 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
(Answered) Clarifying the IS BA equipment table
« on: 18 September 2021, 00:50:57 »
I'm confused by the BA equipment table.  I found a partial answer here; https://bg.battletech.com/forums/techmanual/(research)-battle-armor-ammo-for-direct-fire-weapons/

1.  I'm looking at the the M-RR from the IS BA equipment table, pg 346 of TM;

Dam   Range      item   Ammo(Weight per Shot)    Slots   tech   page
Medium Recoilless Rifle 3** —/2/4/6   250 kg         2 kg(20)                    2       C       263

Each 'Clip', or magazine, is 20 rounds according to the previous answer. (I didn't find that anywhere; I presume this is universal for all weapons?)  Each shell weighs 2 kg; what's the (20) signify?  Number of rounds in the Clip?  Or kg of the Clip?  Or something else?

2.  I'm looking at the LRM-1 from the IS BA equipment table, pg 347 of TM;

Dam    Range              Item          Ammo (Weight per Shot)    Slots   Tech  Page
LRM 1 1/msl 6/7/14/21     60 kg [40 kg]         8.3 kg (0) [NA]                  2 [3]     E     261

I assume the launcher is 60 kg, and that a OS version of it is 40 kg.  Similarly each shell is 8.3 kg, and the (0) signifies no reloads for the OS version.  What is the 'NA' for?  And I assume the slots are 2 for the standard launcher and 3 for the OS, right?
« Last Edit: 20 December 2021, 10:45:46 by Welshman »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

Welshman

• Chief Wrangler
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Clarifying the IS BA equipment table
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2021, 10:45:29 »
Hello,

The number in parenthesis is the number of reloads.

I honestly don't recall exactly what the N/A means for the OS LRM (We wrote these rules a loooonnnggg time ago). However, you're on the right track that there are no reloads so I believe the N/A just means "No more weight".

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.