Register Register

Author Topic: Mech-Scale Dropship?  (Read 3669 times)

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
Mech-Scale Dropship?
« on: 27 December 2020, 14:12:42 »
Other than the Mech-Scale Leopard from IWM and the Dark Ages Aurora dropships, is their a commercially available Mech-Scale dropship? Preferably spheroid?

I'm trying to sidestep building one from scratch (which includes 3-D printing), but have had no luck in finding a kit.

Caz

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Mech-Scale Dropship?
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2020, 14:25:30 »
IIRC there was a Union-class ship made out of plaster available in the long ago, but the only licensed mech-scale model on the market right now is the IWM Leopard. The Aurora works well on a tabletop but it is scaled to Dark Age rather than regular BattleTech/Alpha Strike.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2020, 14:27:17 »
Canon? Not aware of any, although was there a Broadsword out there in mech scale at one point? No, a quick search shows it was mapscale.

There are toys out there which would make good bases, otherwise it's hamster ball & greeblies time, I think.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2020, 16:07:16 »
Wasn't the Fortress from the KS 'mech scale?  ???

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2020, 16:14:52 »
Wasn't the Fortress from the KS 'mech scale?  ???

Nope, it's the IWM map-scale one.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2020, 16:17:13 »
Ah, rog... thanks for the correction!  :thumbsup:

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2020, 16:21:34 »
There are some very old and very rare ceramic Union and Leopard in mechscale around there from mitic-maria. IWM later made a Leopard that looks different.
All other mechscale dropships around should be home made.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2020, 00:24:20 »
Other than the Mech-Scale Leopard from IWM and the Dark Ages Aurora dropships, is their a commercially available Mech-Scale dropship? Preferably spheroid?
How big do you want it?  While they're not sold as 'Mech-scale, IWM's map-scale Union and Fortress are fairly close to the dimensions of a 'Mech-scale Confederate. The Union is a few centimeters small but looks closest in appearance. I'm not sure on the exact size of the Fortress, but it's larger.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2020, 16:08:27 »
Canon? Not aware of any, although was there a Broadsword out there in mech scale at one point? No, a quick search shows it was mapscale.

There are toys out there which would make good bases, otherwise it's hamster ball & greeblies time, I think.

Honestly, Easter is a great time to look for Dropships appropriate hulls.  I snagged some 8 or 10 inch tall hollow egg that was for décor that will become a DS as long as I can keep it from my toddler.  I also found some 1 foot egg shaped thing at WalMart that was some surprise art kit- has crayons, pencils and other craft stuff inside.  Kid gets the crafts and I get the egg . . . wife rolled her eyes.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2020, 02:28:19 »
Folks,

It's Christmas season. Be nice to Catalyst, IWM, and Topps, and stop advertising/mentioning people selling illegal reproductions/imitations of BT intellectual property!  :'(

Correction - I was wrong. Hardware Studios are considered kosher by CGL. Apologies for any inadvertent glowering, as I literally had not got the memo.

Worktroll
« Last Edit: 29 December 2020, 15:08:03 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Wolverine

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2021, 16:35:59 »
hi,
I kitbashed a few Unions that were mech scale based on some star wars model kits that are probably still available.  I did have to cut out 2 circular floor bulkheads tho.  Not to tough really.  The opening doors work well and it splits in 2 for easy access for mechs inside it.
Jim
"It's called the Awesome for a very good reason"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2021, 17:44:52 »
Deathstar models?  Interesting idea . . . I found the transporter from Force Awakens that is 6 inchest . . . it would make a suitable aerodyne DS IMO.  Reminds me I need to find a mechscale Firefly so I can make a DroST II.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2021, 18:21:26 »
Reminds me I need to find a mechscale Firefly so I can make a DroST II.
Look for the Firefly edition of Yahtzee. Bonus: it's a dice cup.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2021, 00:50:37 »
Folks,

It's Christmas season. Be nice to Catalyst, IWM, and Topps, and stop advertising/mentioning people selling illegal reproductions/imitations of BT intellectual property!  :'(

Correction - I was wrong. Hardware Studios are considered kosher by CGL. Apologies for any inadvertent glowering, as I literally had not got the memo.

Worktroll

Feel free to reinstate my post :)