Register Register

Author Topic: Question on Indigenous combat vehicles production - Periphery between 3000-3025  (Read 1483 times)

DOC_Agren

• Captain
The license would be so they can call the manufacturer for help with the production line, and while waiting for a (protected) tech team to arrive they build other parts of the vehicle and set them aside as spare parts/stockpile.  (Which is a good time for a pirate raid to hit the place and get lots of spare parts.  By some coincidence these pirate raids occur within 1-2 months after the Periphery planet has sent the HPG message, no matter when the original incident happened)

They could build without the license, but if they have a problem with the design the original manufacturer will just say 'no license, no tech support'.
So you really want Quickscell Company doing tech support on your product line?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
I have a question that would fit here: I checked the FM: Periphery (I know it is a report for 3067) and therwe was something odd for the Taurian Concordat: in the list for Companies that produce military hardware there were two vehicles listed I never heard of: the Pitbull tank and the Sherpa armored vehicle. Has anyone data about them? I can't find them on Sarna.net or in the MUL. Or are those just Taurian variants of existing cehicles?

AlphaMirage

• Lieutenant
Both the Pit Bull and Sherpa have Sarna pages. Pit Bull/Bulldog is a Successor Wars era generic truck and the Sherpa is an Age of War armored truck with more character

CVB

• Warrant Officer
Both can be found in TRO:Vehicle Annex (rev.), and at Sarna. Here and here.

There is also a Bulldog tank, listed in TRO:3039 and also found at Sarna.
*"But we don't play Battletech to have Simple" - NavPoint

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

jasonf

• Sergeant
I have a question that would fit here: I checked the FM: Periphery (I know it is a report for 3067) and therwe was something odd for the Taurian Concordat: in the list for Companies that produce military hardware there were two vehicles listed I never heard of: the Pitbull tank and the Sherpa armored vehicle. Has anyone data about them? I can't find them on Sarna.net or in the MUL. Or are those just Taurian variants of existing cehicles?

You probably couldn't find them because they are listed as support vehicles, not combat vehicles:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4828/pit-bull-medium-truck-standard
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5050/sherpa-armored-truck-standard

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
You probably couldn't find them because they are listed as support vehicles, not combat vehicles:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4828/pit-bull-medium-truck-standard
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5050/sherpa-armored-truck-standard

Yeah looking under combat vehicles didn't net results. Thanks

kaliban

• Master Sergeant
Considering the low tech involved, I see little justification to any Major Periphery State spend more buying combat vehicles from the Inner Sphere, besides the transportation costs. It is probably better to import only components (weapons, communication equipment, etc) and produce "open source" vehicles (like Heavy APCs, LRM/SRM Carriers, etc) or develop local designs (like the Pike from Magistracy of Canopus).

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Sarna says Pinard Protectorates Limited produces J. Edgars on Perdition.  I'm running with that for a slew of variants for the Lothian League in Vehrec's game.

DOC_Agren

• Captain
Sarna says Pinard Protectorates Limited produces J. Edgars on Perdition.  I'm running with that for a slew of variants for the Lothian League in Vehrec's game.
any interesting variants?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Daryk

• Colonel
That's up to you... check my sig block...  ^-^

DOC_Agren

• Captain
That's up to you... check my sig block...  ^-^
don't see your J. Edgars in your sig?

Daryk

• Colonel
Sorry... those are still on a spreadsheet.  I'll try to get them posted (and linked in my index) this week.  I sketched them out in Vehrec's thread.

DOC_Agren

• Captain
Sorry... those are still on a spreadsheet.  I'll try to get them posted (and linked in my index) this week.  I sketched them out in Vehrec's thread.
Interesting mods, I kinda like them...  I totally might steal them. 
Also I had missed that thread

Daryk

• Colonel
I'm hoping he comes back to it... it was fun!

Daryk

• Colonel