Register Register

Author Topic: Outworlds Alliance 3025 blog  (Read 1701 times)

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
Outworlds Alliance 3025 blog
« on: 22 May 2021, 11:20:57 »
I have combined my interest for Periphery States and custom designs in a fan-made blog, following the canon lore with minor adjustments and a few custom designs for conventional vehicles.

Hope you enjoy and feedback is welcome

https://owa3025.blogspot.com/

Second link with a front page and a list of pages/post by subjects (in case you don't like the blog format of blogspot):

https://oa3025.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: 17 October 2021, 22:46:02 by kaliban »

Nibs

• Captain
Re: Outworlds Alliance 3025 blog
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2021, 12:41:28 »
This is really thorough.  :thumbsup:

DOC_Agren

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2021, 12:20:21 »
Interesting
I am wondering will the OWA breakout any custom fighters?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2021, 09:16:12 »
A campaign (or a series of separate defensive actions) against pirates from Port Krin sounds reasonable, but I seem to recall that a campaign taking the fight to Port Krin was considered far too risky, requiring the OA to pull most of the defensive assets from a number of worlds, and was therefore never attempted.

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2021, 10:36:16 »
A campaign (or a series of separate defensive actions) against pirates from Port Krin sounds reasonable, but I seem to recall that a campaign taking the fight to Port Krin was considered far too risky, requiring the OA to pull most of the defensive assets from a number of worlds, and was therefore never attempted.

Indeed, most of the actions will be defensive campaigns against pirates, where the Alliance Borderers are the main regiment assigned with some support from the Alliance Grenadiers. I also need to work on the dirtbag regiments of the Planetary Militia with small vehicles, towed autocannons and plenty of infantry

Another thing I am considering is use the later addition of Mountain Wolfs BattleMechs industries in Alpheratz to create a secret unit of Merlin battleMechs to make covert actions against Port Krin to disrupt the pirates in their home land.

"The nearby world of Antallos, more commonly known as Port Krin, poses a major problem for the Outworlds Alliance. President Avellar would like nothing more than to establish diplomatic relations with this pirate haven, for doing so would eliminate his realm's most constant and damaging enemy. Needless to say, no single person or band of pirates has been able to gain the upper hand on this brutal, corrupt world, and so Port Krin continues to serve as a convenient base from which bandits conduct their devastating raids against the planets of the Outworlds Alliance. Though the Alliance Military Corps is willing to mount an attack against Antallos, the probable consequences of their failure to subdue the entire planet are too terrible to risk."

DOC_Agren

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2021, 12:02:19 »
Part of the problem the OWA would have is to pull enough troops to deal with the whole of the pirate forces on Antallos without stripping their defense forces.  The pirates at least would not be a good fully organized central command, but a # independent commands who might be able to be beaten as taken.
On the other hand the OWA might be able to blockade the planet with aerospace assets tying up pirates to the planet.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2021, 15:13:10 »
Beating one or two of the independent pirate forces might be possible, but ultimately the OA would need to commit a LOT of assets to chase the other pirates down in whatever remote hideouts they have, with enough to spare to garrison the planet's spaceport AND leave something at home to protect against raids from other sources.  The OA just doesn't have the logistical "reach" or forces to do more than a couple of raids.

I also doubt that they'd risk their new Merlins in fear of them losing, becoming salvage, and getting fielded against them in the future.  It's not like the OA places a lot of confidence in its 'Mech forces, either.  Overall, it's a tenuous risk/reward situation at best, which is why the emphasis is placed on taking out invading Dropships and avoiding ground combat entirely if at all possible.

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2021, 22:14:25 »
I have added new posts, including a more detailed description of the Planetary Militia organization

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2021, 05:01:21 »
Kovax has it right with regard to logistical reach.  And blockades are HARD to maintain at a distance.

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 30 June 2021, 08:04:25 »
I have added a new post on Autocannon team (motorized field guns) and created a better looking new front page in wordpress:

https://oa3025.wordpress.com/

next step will be a mini-campaign

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #10 on: 30 June 2021, 16:58:20 »
Not a bad looking site, though I might recommend hiding the urls under the text.  :thumbsup:

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2021, 11:14:45 »
Just added a page with all 38 inhabited worlds briefly described plus a few abandoned worlds.

Still work in progress but feedbacks are welcome. I found plenty of conflicting and missing data on the different worlds, between different sourcebooks and games

https://owa3025.blogspot.com/p/all-worlds-described-outworlds-alliance.html

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2021, 09:24:14 »
The space Amish have blogs now? Isn't that kind of high tech?
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 04 October 2021, 12:17:03 »
The space Amish have blogs now? Isn't that kind of high tech?

just a few worlds part of OA follow Omniss movement. Actually you find all sorts of things in OA by 3025 ....

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 11 October 2021, 09:55:57 »
new post on the Gulon Mining mech with new variants

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2021, 13:58:21 »
New post on the Outworlds Wastes and a few changes on the "order of battle" of the Avellar Guards, Alliance Borderers and Alliance Grenadiers.

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #16 on: 17 January 2022, 21:04:57 »
Updates made on the Alliance Borderers order of battle. I have included an option only with canon units. Battle Values total for each company were added

Register