Register Register

Author Topic: An Introtech Company for each House 3025-3030  (Read 2102 times)

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: An Introtech Company for each House 3025-3030
« Reply #30 on: 30 July 2022, 17:52:35 »

Lyran Commonwealth
Zeus, Banshee, Stalker, Atlas
Cyclops

Draconis Combine
Charger

Federated Suns
Victor

Capellan Confederation
BattleMaster

Free Worlds League
Goliath, Awesome

I'm curious what your thoughts for a couple of these assault locations are?
The Cyclops lacks any real house flavor in 3025 & the Battlemaster was in production at 2 other Houses w/ a Variant for a 3rd.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

FotS Sigismund

• Recruit
« Reply #31 on: 30 July 2022, 18:52:50 »

I'm curious what your thoughts for a couple of these assault locations are?
The Cyclops lacks any real house flavor in 3025 & the Battlemaster was in production at 2 other Houses w/ a Variant for a 3rd.

In the timeframe of 3025-3030, the Cappellan Confederation was the reason the Federated Suns had a substantial increase in the amount of their Battlemasters, taken during the 4th Succession War. Davion's Battlemaster Variant was legitimately created to try and preserve the very few Battlemasters they had back in the Second Succession War.
So keeping that in mind, along with Cappellans having far more opportunities for salvaging/stealing/underhand buying those created in the nearby Free Worlds League and Lyran Commonwealth I gave it to them to move the Warhammer and Marauder to Davion, who makes far more use of those two mech types (and actually builds decent amounts of both) than it does of the Battlemaster line really until ElDorado starts up the manufacturing of the Warlord/BLG2.

Cyclops yeah I didnt see any really flavor, so I gave it to the Steiners who have the highest proportion of Assault Mechs of the Successor States, mostly to balance out where I moved a couple other mechs to fit the rules.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 30 July 2022, 23:26:13 »
the Warhammer and Marauder to Davion, who makes far more use of those two mech types (and actually builds decent amounts of both)

Where is Davion making the WarHammer in 3025?   

I thought the 6D was the same as the BM-2D, a variant to Reduce Ammo/Increase Armor to keep the remaining models in service.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

FotS Sigismund

• Recruit
« Reply #33 on: 01 August 2022, 15:34:00 »
Where is Davion making the WarHammer in 3025?   

I thought the 6D was the same as the BM-2D, a variant to Reduce Ammo/Increase Armor to keep the remaining models in service.
Crofton 3, where they were always made, and was the largest Star Corps Facility in size outside of the Hegemony before the fall of the Star League.

Crofton didn't get destroyed during the SS Wars, and even survived the Jihad.

The 6D came out in 2837 basically as the Second Succession War started and was more for streamlined cost for the FedSun logistical network after the First Succession War. The Beemer 1-D came out in 2867, right after the 3rd War started.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 01 August 2022, 15:58:14 »
Hmm, 

I'm not finding factory info for that facility till the Project Phoenix Mechs in 3067.

I'm not seeing anything in House Davion 3025 book, TRO:3039, TRO:3050, or Objective Raids.

IF they were producing 6R/6D models there all along then that makes it the only line in the FS that didn't get a 3050 overhaul when the Helm Core was released.

I'm not saying they were or were not.  Just wondering if you have a concrete reference point outside of them choosing to upgrade for the 8D in the 60's?

Project Phoenix mechs have a lot of locations that were built/rebuilt specifically for those lines, IIRC, like Liao getting a Marauder line or a new Valkyrie factory, etc etc.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 01 August 2022, 16:14:37 »
The 3067 Handbook for House Davion has an entry for Starcorps with Crofton as one of it's production sites (the city is named Farrarrah). From the short text there I would assume they were producing the Warhammer there for the FedSuns as it states that during the Fedcom era upgrades to the facility improved the quality and production capacity. They also build the Longbow there and later added the Thanatos too

FotS Sigismund

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 01 August 2022, 16:18:19 »
Hmm, 

I'm not finding factory info for that facility till the Project Phoenix Mechs in 3067.

I'm not seeing anything in House Davion 3025 book, TRO:3039, TRO:3050, or Objective Raids.

IF they were producing 6R/6D models there all along then that makes it the only line in the FS that didn't get a 3050 overhaul when the Helm Core was released.

I'm not saying they were or were not.  Just wondering if you have a concrete reference point outside of them choosing to upgrade for the 8D in the 60's?

Project Phoenix mechs have a lot of locations that were built/rebuilt specifically for those lines, IIRC, like Liao getting a Marauder line or a new Valkyrie factory, etc etc.
Field Report 2765: AFFS is where the Star Corps Crofton is first mentioned, and pg 175 of Handbook House Davion names the Farrarrah (Crofton) facility of Star Corps as still being active during the 3025 Era. That is reinforced in the Objectives: Federated Suns saying it was there for centuries before the Jihad.
I couldn't find a pre 3145 full production manifest for the Farrarrah facility, but it again is noted in the 2765 Write up as being a Rival in size and scope the the main Star Corps production line on Terra, and didn't build vehicles until a bit later, its safe to assume that the AFFS bought Warhammers from this facility instead of from Terra or Cappella.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2022, 16:19:58 by FotS Sigismund »