Register Register

Author Topic: Date for Outreach hiring hall opening?  (Read 1873 times)

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Date for Outreach hiring hall opening?
« Reply #30 on: 09 November 2021, 15:31:33 »
but Outreach had no FS noble in charge, no garrison, or military liaison.  The Dragoons ruled and operated the planet as they willed and never reported anything they found on the planet because it was theirs outright.
That isn't accurate.
The Dragoons DID report a bunch of stuff that they found.   (And hid some too)
And when something was excluded by some officer, I forget who, the officer was scolded & Jamie ordered it Buried because, they had already reported everything they found & now they needed to cover up something so it wouldn't appear they had lied.
They were required to report it all to the FS & only partially did because he didn't want them knowing the extent of the Factories in mothballs & the amount of SLDF tech that was hidden there.
As for the FS Noble.
As I said above, it was newly captured, if anything it would be some Liao Noble.  (I don't know if we were told who ruled for the CapCon)
Instead, Hanse put Jamie in charge as a newly conquered planet post 4th SW.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #31 on: 09 November 2021, 15:57:51 »
I think you are getting your stories confused.  Dechan Frasier had gotten some extra R&D while the Dragoons were employed by the Dracs b/c he felt they had been dishonored/slighted when the Warlord's weasel laid claim to something the Dragoons captured.  Jerry Akuma (?) showed up as the haul was being inventoried and readied, ordered it transferred to Drac DS.

The only bit we learn about what was on planet was at the beginning of the BoK trilogy where Natasha is talking to Jaime and about how much the FS had been clueless about being on planet.  The two Clanners were discussing the survey the FS made before turning the planet over and how much the FS missed & who quickly they could get things back in operation.  Now Sarna says War of 3039 says Outreach is part of the FS, but I cannot see what page- it might just be a map where it was not a cut out portion.

But either way, de facto or de jure the Dragoons ran the planet seemingly w/o the interference of the FS, again a different situation than what we found with the Highlanders or the GDL as the other land controlling mercs we get a good look at in fiction.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 09 November 2021, 17:35:17 »
Your right about blending the Dracs scene with Outreach one, my bad.

The one I wanted to reference was the Outreach scene.  Was that the beginning of the BoK trilogy?
I thought it was a flashback from the beginning of Wolf Pack.

But I thought there was a line in there about giving them a list enough to satisfy Hanse that they didn't land on a gold mine, when, in fact, they DID have a gold mine there. 

I don't recall the part about FS people missing what was there.
No one except he clans knew what was hidden in the outback, just that Outreach had been an important world.

I thought there was something about giving them a doctored list to satisfy what they "thought" might be on Outreach in terms of some scraps & salvage & maybe storehouse or 2, but not telling them about the Factories.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

CVB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 09 November 2021, 18:28:44 »
According to Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 8, Snord's Irregulars were asked by the Fedcom "to make sure that nothing of unexpected value was available on Outreach before they turned it over to the Dragoons."
Of course they didn't know about the Irregulars' connection with the Dragoons. Talk about letting the fox guard the henhouse. :)
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #34 on: 09 November 2021, 20:34:45 »
The Dragoons were not the one making the list IIRC, they were just observing the FedSuns but it rather beside the point.

I think Outreach becoming the top hiring hall still goes back to a subjective set of standards that basically come out to the criteria in use by the rater.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Register