Register Register

Author Topic: Mercenary Commands in 3150?  (Read 8411 times)

Comedian

• Corporal
  • The Artist formerly known as Comedian
Re: Mercenary Commands in 3150?
« Reply #90 on: 04 August 2022, 14:24:39 »
Alex was not on Hesperus while the GDL was . . . he was sitting on Tharkad.  Originally Alex was a dark smudge on a wall on Tharkad City, but it was a developer remark on a Ask topic . . . since it was never put in a actual book he was part of the Great Resurrection of 2020 which saw the Smoke Jaguars, Eridani Light Horse (again), Kisho Nova Cats, Nova Cats in general, return of the classics to in universe production, and more.

His great-grandkids did the reformation.

Yeah that.
Listen to your inner Lyran.
Take a Assault Mech!

Yes I was on the old boards.

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #91 on: 04 August 2022, 20:33:11 »
it was never put in a actual book

It was in JTP: Tharkad, which says on p. 6 that the Royal Guards had no other living soldiers but Peter during multiple points during the Blakist occupation. Since JTP: Tharkad is a strictly out-of-universe document that makes it a full-on retcon rather than mistaken identity.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: 05 August 2022, 04:13:33 »
It was in JTP: Tharkad, which says on p. 6 that the Royal Guards had no other living soldiers but Peter during multiple points during the Blakist occupation. Since JTP: Tharkad is a strictly out-of-universe document that makes it a full-on retcon rather than mistaken identity.
Not really cause we don't know what alex as doing on his free time while in tharkad he could have a spouse with kids and so forth that survive while he still had die during the tharkad thing.  Unless i miss a sourcebook that explain how he survive the jihad?

Comedian

• Corporal
  • The Artist formerly known as Comedian
« Reply #93 on: 05 August 2022, 07:31:01 »
Not really cause we don't know what alex as doing on his free time while in tharkad he could have a spouse with kids and so forth that survive while he still had die during the tharkad thing.  Unless i miss a sourcebook that explain how he survive the jihad?

Its mentioned in the Archer Entry in Il-Khan Mech sourcebooks that he survived it and retired. Since he was enrolled in the Royal Guard it seems that JTP Tharkad was overextragating a little.
Listen to your inner Lyran.
Take a Assault Mech!

Yes I was on the old boards.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #94 on: 05 August 2022, 09:30:05 »

His girlfriend was still with the Legion.

Its mentioned in the Archer Entry in Il-Khan Mech sourcebooks that he survived it and retired. Since he was enrolled in the Royal Guard it seems that JTP Tharkad was overextragating a little.

Which is the retcon, like comic books if the body is not there public display . . . are they really dead?
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #95 on: 05 August 2022, 11:58:16 »

An explanation that would work if the book was an in-universe document. But it's not, so the only way that can be true is just a straight retcon.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #96 on: 08 August 2022, 00:29:35 »
It doesn't explicitly state that everyone but Peter was killed, it says that Peter called anyone that fought around him Royal Guards, so some could still be from the original Guards, also those that couldn't carry on fighting due to wounds could be left with civilians, with resistance forging their documents so they could blend into local population.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Register