Register Register

Author Topic: Shifting Borders: 3135-3151  (Read 7328 times)

Cannonshop

• Major
Re: Shifting Borders: 3135-3151
« Reply #90 on: 26 December 2020, 00:10:01 »
Erik Sandoval was running things from Remagen when the newest Kuritan Uberleet death regiment hit the world. Poor Kestrel Grenadiers. For such an Elite unit, they have such a bad record.

No worries, this is just the run-up before Yori loses her damn mind and goes stupid and the next Steiner-Davion superhero shows up to roll things all the way back to 3025 borders through the power of friendship and universal love of Devlin Stone/Clan Wolf/whichever.
The core rules for interacting with me:

1.) I am not a moderator, game developer, member of Cryptic staff, relative of any members of cryptic staff, not close friends with anyone involved with the game, not a distributor of product, not an employee, employer, professional reviewer, or member of any powerful conspiracies.  What I think is my own and has no impact on the Battletech franchise in any way, shape, or form.

2) If you don't like something I've said, refer to rule 1.  If you do, god help you poor soul, you're screwed up.

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: 28 December 2020, 06:09:03 »
Oh. Erik made it out, by the skin of his teeth. Should've said that.

Good to know.Though it sounds like it wasn't a St Andre situation where the cavalry hits at the right moment but rather a "Kurita stomps everything and he left on the last Dropship" huh?

Nerroth

• Captain
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
« Reply #92 on: 28 December 2020, 16:54:52 »
Clan Goliath Scorpion
3067: 6 worlds (all shared)
3075: 10 worlds (3 exclusive, 7 shared)
3085: N/A, expelled after getting caught with their pincer in the genetic cookie jar

As of Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, their most recently-attested numbers would be:
3085: 9 worlds (from their initial conquest of Nueva Castile)
3140: 16 worlds (adding 7 new colony systems which had been founded by that date)
3141: 45 worlds (adding 29 conquered worlds of the former Hanseatic League)

Numbers aside, the Scorpions also benefit from not having been affected by the Blackout: the HPG network on their pre-Hanseatic Crusade planets remains intact. Although, as a point of technicality, it hasn't yet been clarified as to whether they would also be able to expand the network to cover the former Hansa planets without incident.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2020, 17:43:20 by Nerroth »

vaderi

• Sergeant
  • Halfbearded Pirate
« Reply #93 on: 30 December 2020, 08:38:10 »
Danai would name a 'mech Julian because she owns Julian. Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one who read A Splinter of Hope?

Julian looks good in bullet points. When TPTB choose to write him, he appears to be weak, timid individual, who will go any direction he is pushed. I got the distinct impression if Danai went 'Psych! GET OFF OF MY WORLD" he would've done it.

Given that I just finished it about 10 days ago, I've got to ask, which book did *you* read? I certainly didn't get any of the impressions that you are quite insistent exist. Honestly Danai felt like the one who got the short end of the stick in ASoH with regards to characterization. Given our differing experiences, can you point out the places that gave you the feeling that Julian was a weak and timid individual?
Steiner, where money and mediocrity meet caring.

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: 30 December 2020, 12:15:11 »
No worries, this is just the run-up before Yori loses her damn mind and goes stupid and the next Steiner-Davion superhero shows up to roll things all the way back to 3025 borders through the power of friendship and universal love of Devlin Stone/Clan Wolf/whichever.

Whatever it takes.  I'll take author-granted superpowers over occupied New Avalon any day!

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #95 on: 31 December 2020, 11:25:26 »

That's a lot of unfounded faith right there, I tell you what.  ;)

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #96 on: 31 December 2020, 11:40:44 »

Actually, the signs are that Yori is going to let the Warlord have enough rope to hang himself since he managed to overextend the DCMS.  If the Bears ever moved, the Combine would be in for a world of hurt.  DCMS units, particularly the Hikage, fighting the Capellans on Northwind might be all Yori is waiting for . . .

. . . Besides, the FedSuns have no more Steiner-Davions and the 3050 map did change from the 3025 map- they swapped worlds in 3039.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #97 on: 06 January 2021, 16:10:15 »
If the Bears ever moved, the Combine would be in for a world of hurt.
the Bears are hibernating again *sigh*, they're not going to do anything unless poked, and the Combine knows it...
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #98 on: 06 January 2021, 17:27:11 »
the Bears are hibernating again *sigh*, they're not going to do anything unless poked, and the Combine knows it...

Well, you did get to beat on the Horses and Falcons for abandoned Wolf OZ worlds.

Indications are you will get to hammer on the Horses some more too.
Colt Ward

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #99 on: 07 January 2021, 08:38:14 »
Very slim pickings there. The good ones went to the Horses. Indeed the Horses got a solid industrial boost leading up to 3150.

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #100 on: 07 January 2021, 10:12:01 »
Very slim pickings there. The good ones went to the Horses. Indeed the Horses got a solid industrial boost leading up to 3150.

But the Horses would ned to staff the plants which are now empty with their own techs and engineers so I would wager it might take a while until planets like Tamar or Weingarten reach their full production potential again. But hey at least the Horses will have some of the best wines in the IS  ;D

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #101 on: 07 January 2021, 11:05:47 »
Eh, the Wolves did not evacuate whole planets- they took the cream of the castes, particularly the younger members.  So if you were some 50 year old factory worker . . . odds are you are still living near that factory even if the needed molds, dies, and other tooling got pulled.  IIRC the RecGuides already talk about the Horses getting some of that production going again.
Colt Ward

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #102 on: 07 January 2021, 11:22:14 »
Um,

AGE does not have an impact here :

Why you ask?

It's not that the young were taken. yes more where taken but they needed experienced young. So that 50 year old with 30+ years making that widget, would be taken and assigned to a batch of 20 year ones as the Supervisor. And the clans do live 100+, they have the tech but to die young is an achievement to pass on their Codex, and possible Remembrance line.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: 07 January 2021, 12:16:20 »
Eh, the Wolves did not evacuate whole planets- they took the cream of the castes, particularly the younger members.  So if you were some 50 year old factory worker . . . odds are you are still living near that factory even if the needed molds, dies, and other tooling got pulled.  IIRC the RecGuides already talk about the Horses getting some of that production going again.

That might be true. I checked the FM and it seems that the Wolvs left the heavy equipment and the workers behind. they took their best scientists, technicians and probably all of their technical data with them. So the Horses might just hit the power button and the factory runs again (unless the Wolves left some bugs behind). Could the Horses actually produce Mechs that were iconic to the Wolves in the "after-Jihad-era"? The FM 3145 indicates otherwise

Ruger

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #104 on: 07 January 2021, 12:56:20 »
That might be true. I checked the FM and it seems that the Wolvs left the heavy equipment and the workers behind. they took their best scientists, technicians and probably all of their technical data with them. So the Horses might just hit the power button and the factory runs again (unless the Wolves left some bugs behind). Could the Horses actually produce Mechs that were iconic to the Wolves in the "after-Jihad-era"? The FM 3145 indicates otherwise

They are currently making Timber Wolf OmniMechs (and Mad Dog OmniMechs) IIRC.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #105 on: 07 January 2021, 13:18:43 »
Um,

AGE does not have an impact here :

Why you ask?

It's not that the young were taken. yes more where taken but they needed experienced young. So that 50 year old with 30+ years making that widget, would be taken and assigned to a batch of 20 year ones as the Supervisor. And the clans do live 100+, they have the tech but to die young is an achievement to pass on their Codex, and possible Remembrance line.

TT

Yes, Age does . . . the easiest way to spread acculturation is to bring a breeding population rather than oldsters.  But trumping that is what is in Bonfire of Worlds where they talked about bringing the young cream of the crop among the farmers & techs.
Colt Ward

Register