Register Register

Author Topic: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!  (Read 79199 times)

Grizzly

• Private
Re: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!
« Reply #600 on: 25 March 2022, 04:34:50 »
The Zhukov (Liao) is a fairly cheap option that can put up quite a spread of shot and is plenty effective against armor and mechs once the VTOL threat is eliminated. As a bonus, the mini is rather cool looking imo.
Second-time Battletech player, first-time janshi.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #601 on: 25 March 2022, 12:36:10 »
So's the LBX Po, or regular Po using Flack rounds...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #602 on: 25 March 2022, 16:36:19 »
The Po (LBX) does have way deeper bins. It's the main shortcoming if the Zhukov that it only has one ton of ammo per gun, compared to the Po's three.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #603 on: 26 March 2022, 11:44:15 »
I decided my next project will be a lance of 1st Kearny Highlanders using some unseen minis I have laying around.

Does anyone know if they would sport the Capellan crest in 3025? Every source I can find on their paint schemes is post-defection

Thanks in advance!

HeavyArmorMecha

• Sergeant
« Reply #604 on: 28 March 2022, 01:53:48 »
I need some opinion of force composition in lore.

I'm thinking of building a 'Mech & Combat Vehicle mixed Company in either Red Lancer or McCarron colors.

What kind of combat vehicles (preferably ground ones like tracked, wheeled or hover) that could be seen "typically" operating with such units?

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #605 on: 28 March 2022, 04:47:36 »

I'm thinking of building a 'Mech & Combat Vehicle mixed Company in either Red Lancer or McCarron colors.

What kind of combat vehicles (preferably ground ones like tracked, wheeled or hover) that could be seen "typically" operating with such units?
the Po and regulator both come to mind.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #606 on: 28 March 2022, 08:34:43 »

You have some options for different flavor within the MAC. 2nd and 4th are known for speed in the current era. 3rd has always been about big mechs and big tanks. The 5th is"more defensive" which means tracks over hover. Po II and Regulator are standard options. Elite units might have the Pixiu fast tracked stealth tank. A defensive or city fighting unit might use Predator Tank Destroyers. Should we assume you're building for 3150?

HeavyArmorMecha

• Sergeant
« Reply #607 on: 28 March 2022, 08:59:55 »
You have some options for different flavor within the MAC. 2nd and 4th are known for speed in the current era. 3rd has always been about big mechs and big tanks. The 5th is"more defensive" which means tracks over hover. Po II and Regulator are standard options. Elite units might have the Pixiu fast tracked stealth tank. A defensive or city fighting unit might use Predator Tank Destroyers. Should we assume you're building for 3150?

I'm currently mainly play in the 3050 era, but wanted to have room for variants if I move to Civil War era or later.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #608 on: 28 March 2022, 10:17:08 »
I'm currently mainly play in the 3050 era, but wanted to have room for variants if I move to Civil War era or later.

So you have a lot of options given that MAC is a merc group at that time. Red Lancers would have the best, but in 3050 the CCAF was still trying to bounce back from the 4th Succession War and it won't be until the end of that decade that a lot of cool new stuff is available.

In 3050, classic Liao vehicles would be Condor (Laio), Vedette (Laio), Manticore, Hetzer, Scorpion. Plus newer vehicles Po Tank (introduced 3031) and Zhukov Heavy Tank (3030).

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #609 on: 06 April 2022, 08:57:06 »
I got a good deal on three Kickstarter Marauders and decided to paint up a 6k force of Freemont's Cuirassiers.

Any known painting references for the unit or the Sarna Reserves (their brigade in 3025)?

Ghaz

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #610 on: 06 April 2022, 10:03:23 »
I got a good deal on three Kickstarter Marauders and decided to paint up a 6k force of Freemont's Cuirassiers.

Any known painting references for the unit or the Sarna Reserves (their brigade in 3025)?

There's a fan-made scheme for Freemont's Cuirassiers on the Unit Color Compendium, otherwise it looks like there may not be a canon paint scheme.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #611 on: 06 April 2022, 14:09:54 »
There's a fan-made scheme for Freemont's Cuirassiers on the Unit Color Compendium, otherwise it looks like there may not be a canon paint scheme.

Oh that's pretty cool. If nothing else turns up that would look good.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #612 on: 05 May 2022, 18:31:34 »
What uniquely Capellan mech would you most like to see a resculpt of?

I'm torn between the Lao Hu and the Ti Tsang.

HeavyArmorMecha

• Sergeant
« Reply #613 on: 05 May 2022, 21:36:16 »

Sha Yu and Firebee (w/ Plasma Rifle) please

Ghaz

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #614 on: 06 May 2022, 09:09:44 »

The Helios definitely needs a resculpt, along with the Emperor and the Pillager.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #615 on: 21 May 2022, 19:34:45 »
So with the news that the new Beginner's Box will include a plastic Vindicator, do you think we'll see a wave of interest in playing House Liao?

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #616 on: 22 May 2022, 02:33:32 »
So with the news that the new Beginner's Box will include a plastic Vindicator, do you think we'll see a wave of interest in playing House Liao?

Maybe, I do know it means i'll be buying at least one more beginners box.

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #617 on: 22 May 2022, 02:43:31 »

I doubt it, the thing with all the "3025" mechs is even the ones associated with an individual house (the Vindy, the Enforcer, the Dragon etc) have spread to all corners of the inner sphere .... even by 3025 so people tend not to think too much about it. Now if and when they inevitably release some house packs, and we see capellan lance packs of things like the Ti't'sang etc.. that might make folks sit up and notice. Although I doubt anyone sticks for long with a faction "because they like the mechs" a faction needs to grab them. 

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #618 on: 22 May 2022, 04:35:46 »
I doubt it, the thing with all the "3025" mechs is even the ones associated with an individual house (the Vindy, the Enforcer, the Dragon etc) have spread to all corners of the inner sphere .... even by 3025 so people tend not to think too much about it. Now if and when they inevitably release some house packs, and we see capellan lance packs of things like the Ti't'sang etc.. that might make folks sit up and notice. Although I doubt anyone sticks for long with a faction "because they like the mechs" a faction needs to grab them.

The last part is very true, the faction needs to have something about it to make you stay and not just the mechs.

Grizzly

• Private
« Reply #619 on: 13 June 2022, 14:31:38 »
I'm painting a couple of lances of Shepherd's Mounted Fusiliers plus a few dark age mechs to play them as the 1st St. Ives Sentinels but I'm having trouble with insignia.

They have a cool regiment insignia, brigade insignia, and I'm not sure if they would also sport the Capellan crest but three seems like too much.

The only decal options on FPG that fit are the St. Ives Armored Cavalry insignia (their old brigade in 3025) and the Capellan crest.

Any advice? I'm fine with balancing rule of cool with source material but I feel torn here.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #620 on: 21 June 2022, 11:05:12 »
Has House Imarra fought 21st Centauri Lancers at some point?
Because Campaign Operations newest cover depicts such battle.
Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #621 on: 23 June 2022, 17:43:13 »
Quick Question for the Liao fans

NOT counting the Vedette, Maxim, Po, Regulator, & Minion/Morningstar......

What other vehicles are known to be produced in the CapCon during the SW Era from TRO 3025-3067 that would be "iconic" for them or even just "super common"?

I want to make up a Home Guard platoon unit & looking for suggestions.

Most of my Vee minis are older so not looking for Jihad+ suggestons.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #622 on: 23 June 2022, 17:55:22 »
Zhukovs, Hetzers, LRM/SRM carriers, J. Edgars. Can't really go wrong with simple stuff. Swiftwinds for scouting.
Really, you can just throw darts at TRO 3039 vehicle section and it fits Liao Home Guard easy enough.

Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #623 on: Today at 02:55:18 »
Just a quick question: since the Wolf Empire seems to be doing some shrinking due to the troop concentration in former Republic Space (especially Terra) have the Wolves and the Confederation had any clashes yet? Considering that the realms now have a shared border in the former Prefecture X I can't imagine that they haven't already stepped on each others toes. So far the Confederation basically has to wait for the wall to drop to have any chance of a go at Terra but the remaining worlds should be fair game.

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #624 on: Today at 02:57:29 »
.. we don't know. there's supposed to be a capcon vs wolf book coming as part of the whole "tamar rising/empire alone" etc series that will detail that type of thing.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #625 on: Today at 03:06:45 »
.. we don't know. there's supposed to be a capcon vs wolf book coming as part of the whole "tamar rising/empire alone" etc series that will detail that type of thing.

I see. So we are basically going a ring around the entire IS to detail what is happening while the Wolves hunker down and rebuild