Register Register

Author Topic: What happen to the 13th Marik Militia?  (Read 1802 times)

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
What happen to the 13th Marik Militia?
« on: 07 August 2013, 18:41:50 »
At first I thought they died or join the Republic. I then hear threw the grape vine that there was a mention about them in Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League. Now was the mention a reference to them being alive or just a mention about something they did during the Jihad?
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Aldous

• Lieutenant
Re: What happen to the 13th Marik Militia?
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2013, 21:20:44 »
Only thing I found in TRO: 3145 FWL was the 30th Marik Militia.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2013, 21:49:59 »
Last word on the Thirteenth Marik Militia was them supporting the Blakists Militia on Chara alongside the Fourth Free World Legionnaires and the Steel Guard in 3077 against the Wolf-in-Exile invasion force.  They inflicted heavy losses on the WiE forces (including Ranna Kerensky) forcing them to retreat offworld.  Approximately a month later General Belle Lee led a second allied assault against the still recovering defenders ultimately forcing them to surrender.  The surviving members of the Thirteenth Marik Militia were most likely among those forced to surrender.

Their equipment was most likely seized by Coalition forces, unit members imprisoned until the end of the war and the unit disbanded.  After the war was over, those surviving unit members not found guilty of war crimes were likely paroled with some probably joining Republic forces.  Given the unit's disgrace (strong support for the Blakist cause) it is unlikely that anybody reformed the unit especially when there are more reputable units that could be reformed.  Unlike the Steel Guard they don't have a wealthy sponsor willing to reform the unit.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 22:10:00 by Archangel »
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2013, 12:15:50 »
That's what I thought to happen to the 13th. Sarna stated on the 13th Marik Milita page "This article needs to be updated with material from Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League". So I was confused. What stuff did thay mention about the 30th Marik Militia? I figured by the DA time line that all the MM units where reformed into Tamriand regular units.
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Moonsword

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2013, 16:51:12 »
One of the notable Bardiches is assigned to the 30th.  Evidently, they cycle crews through it frequently or there's a high mortality rate since it's scored at least one kill in fifteen battles despite having fifteen different crews in it.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2013, 17:03:15 »
*bangs head against desk, repeatedly*

Gunslinger

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2013, 17:34:35 »

Stop! You will damage the desk! What is Dog's name did that Desk ever do to you!?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2013, 22:57:39 »
Guessing someone misread Thirtieth and Thirteenth in the Skidplate mention, no longer.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2013, 17:50:00 »

Sarna.net causes writers to go through more desks than any other cause (as well as use more aspirin and antacids than any other).
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2013, 19:19:00 »
Sarna.net causes writers to go through more desks than any other cause (as well as use more aspirin and antacids than any other).
I actually very much doubt the official writers care about what any of us do on Sarna.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2013, 22:55:21 »
I actually very much doubt the official writers care about what any of us do on Sarna.

I hope Sarna doesn't turn into a fan fiction hub then.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2013, 02:54:34 »

Not because of Sarna.....

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2013, 10:03:47 »
A of 3079, according to the FWLM Field Report, the 13th Marik Militia does not exist. It's not in any of the force listings for the new realms of the sundered FWL.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

Register