Register Register

Author Topic: Basing Question: Brown Battleground and how to affix it.  (Read 456 times)

MarauderD

• Captain
I got some Army Painter basing called Brown Battleground I wanted to try for my Kingston's Rangers workup.  It is pretty much a big grain of sand sized particulate matter than I will be gluing to the base.  I've already painted a light coat of Snakebite Leather paint on the white base to give it a shade in case you can see it peaking through the rocky cover.

That being said, what kind of glue should I use?  A thin layer of the transparent plastic glue?  Or a thin layer of the Elmer's style white glue?

Thanks for any input?
« Last Edit: 04 May 2021, 16:18:00 by MarauderD »

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
Re: Basing Question: Brown Battleground and how to affix it.
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2021, 21:20:43 »
White glue will be fine. It's my standard anyway, and I haven't found a need to go to anything more specialized for normal terrain types.

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2021, 11:16:19 »
Alright, sounds good.  Have some army painter basing glue and I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks for the pointers!

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2021, 12:24:56 »
Basing turned out fine:

Kind of tricky to apply without making a mess.  But overall effect looks good for a first attempt.  Thanks for the tip Psycho!

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2021, 21:28:57 »
No problem. Doing one myself this past week reminded me that I use a pokey tool (or piece of wire, straightened out paperclip, etc) to push down any basing material that gets up on the sides of the feet. Just be sure to wipe it off frequently so you're not spreading glue and rocks where you don't want them! That little fix I've found to be far easier to implement than trying to be ultra-careful with spreading around the glue. Your T-Bolt looks fine; just a head's up on what you can try when you hit that issue in the future!

metalsword

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2021, 02:29:15 »
Basing turned out fine:

Kind of tricky to apply without making a mess.  But overall effect looks good for a first attempt.  Thanks for the tip Psycho!

That looks great! I've been wondering about the glue situation myself. So I once tried superglue but that was actually horrible, it was drying way too quick and everything stuck to places it was not meant to be. So good to know that normal white glue just works well, I'll definitely ty it next time
sometimes you win sometimes you lose

Register