Register Register

Author Topic: How big are two card tables pushed together (Alpha Strike)  (Read 332 times)

MarauderD

• Major
Background:

I'm thinking of going to a fabric store after work and getting a brownish green bolt of felt cloth to serve as a base for our Alpha Strike game.  I'm also thinking of getting some blue felt for a lake/river, and maybe a couple green felt sheets for forest templates. 

When you stick to card tables together for an Alpha Strike game, is that 48 inches wide by 60 inches long?  Does that sound right to you all?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: How big are two card tables pushed together (Alpha Strike)
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2022, 11:02:48 »
Standard card tables are 34"x34", so two would get you 34"x78" of play space.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

MarauderD

• Major
Re: How big are two card tables pushed together (Alpha Strike)
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2022, 12:04:50 »
Standard card tables are 34"x34", so two would get you 34"x78" of play space.

You know, I'm thinking that these card tables we play on are rectangular, because 34 by 34 just doesn't sound right. 

What I should do is just swing by and measure them, but I don't have my measuring tape on me.  hmm. 

Register