Register Register

Author Topic: MW2:Merc Tribute Camo  (Read 93 times)

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
MW2:Merc Tribute Camo
« on: 18 February 2021, 18:43:05 »

When wave 2 of the kickstarter arrives I am planning to paint my selected Mercenaries like the Mauler on the MW2 Mercenaries cover, as a tribute to this game.

However I do not know the best way to get this result, which colors and methods can best be used? 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

Luciora

• Captain
Re: MW2:Merc Tribute Camo
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2021, 19:55:37 »
Looks like a mountain or desert scheme with damage markings to me.  The red background isn't helping much either though.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2021, 00:57:26 »
Given the insignia on the leg, if you imagine it without dirt and damage, it could well pass as the Roughriders standard scheme.
https://camospecs.com/unit/hansens-roughriders/

If you want to keep it as camo, adding some darker brown and black to the dusty brown base would also work.

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2021, 19:38:28 »
Given the insignia on the leg, if you imagine it without dirt and damage, it could well pass as the Roughriders standard scheme.
https://camospecs.com/unit/hansens-roughriders/

If you want to keep it as camo, adding some darker brown and black to the dusty brown base would also work.
Would Colour Primer: Leather Brown Primer work as the dusty brown base?

Also the minor armor damage with rust trails, what is the best way to create that?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

Register