Register Register

Author Topic: Unit logo generator??  (Read 873 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Unit logo generator??
« on: 01 September 2020, 02:32:48 »
I'm looking for a basic graphic logo generator?? I used to know of an rpg website with name, plot, and heraldry generators for fantasy and scifi RPGs, but I cant find them any more...
I'm looking to make the logos for a few in my custom units and then get decals made.
Anybody know of a site or app?? Hopefully free? 😁

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Unit logo generator??
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2020, 06:49:00 »
FantasyNameGenerators.com has a bunch of different descriptive generators, as well as name generators, if that's the site that you're thinking of. Not sure if they have a generator for the actual artwork, though, if that's what you're wanting.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2020, 11:56:59 »
FantasyNameGenerators.com has a bunch of different descriptive generators, as well as name generators, if that's the site that you're thinking of. Not sure if they have a generator for the actual artwork, though, if that's what you're wanting.

Very similar. The old site I'm remembering has a section for making basis heraldry and other logos. You picked the layers like shield or circle and then you could divide and quarter the design and add silhouette shapes like lions, stars etc. No color, but the final image could be printed and colored. I wish I could remember the name...

Ice Hellion

• Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2020, 04:27:05 »
Very similar. The old site I'm remembering has a section for making basis heraldry and other logos. You picked the layers like shield or circle and then you could divide and quarter the design and add silhouette shapes like lions, stars etc. No color, but the final image could be printed and colored. I wish I could remember the name...

It has something like that (not quarters or I missed them) https://rollforfantasy.com/tools/coat-of-arms-creator.php
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2020, 17:28:38 »
Maybe something like the below site is what you're looking for?

https://drawshield.net/build/index.html

Syzyx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2020, 21:07:04 »
If you're looking for something a little more robust but with a mild learning curve I can't recommend www.heromachine.com enough.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast