Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Do Clan LB-X always have cluster ammo?  (Read 516 times)

Lubalin

• Recruit
  • Guarding a periphery moon in my family's trebuchet
(Answered) Do Clan LB-X always have cluster ammo?
« on: 31 July 2022, 16:12:46 »
Reading Battlemech Manual and searching around, can’t find a clear answer. Many Inner Sphere mechs have cluster ammo shown on their record sheets (for example Orion ON1-M), but I haven’t seen a clan mech that does.

I have read that some people just declare which ammo bins have which ammo type at the start of the game.

But do clan mechs have some advantage in ammo types, so that their ammo can always be used as cluster and don’t need to make that declaration at the beginning of the game?

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: 31 July 2022, 19:33:37 by Hammer »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
Re: Do Clan LB-X always have cluster ammo?
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2022, 16:19:49 »
Before play you can designate ammo to be whichever type for that weapon that is available for your game.

There are no inherent advantages to any particular mix besides what the ammo normally confers

Lubalin

• Recruit
  • Guarding a periphery moon in my family's trebuchet
Re: (Answered) Do Clan LB-X always have cluster ammo?
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2022, 19:53:19 »
Thank you! Right, I get there are no additional bonuses per se, just trying to figure out if clan mechs with lbx are considered to already have cluster as their default ammo type or if they can just play fast and loose with ammo types.

It seems odd a mech would equip an lbx and not have the special munitions available by default!

Anyway, you answered my question, thanks again!

Register