Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Entering Building Hex and Pilot Skill Rolls  (Read 220 times)

DocMcJansen

• Recruit
(Answered) Entering Building Hex and Pilot Skill Rolls
« on: 10 September 2021, 06:26:08 »
Hi there...

I am a little bit confused about the rules of entering building hexes. Do I always have to do a PSR when I enter a building hex to avoid damage to your mech? I thought so, then I read the example on page 177 (Damage and Displacement). In this example the Locust moves from hex A to hex B (Building Collapse Diagram). It moves 4 building hex, but only when he enters the hex b he has to do a PSR. Why didn't the player have to do a PSR when he entered the other hexes (0211, 0311, 0310)? Wouldn't his Locust do damage to all the mentioned hex? On the next Page 178 you can read about the marauder moving from hex C over D to E. In this example the player had to do a PSR for both hexes (D and E). I don't get it.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2021, 11:41:42 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Entering Building Hex and Pilot Skill Rolls
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2021, 11:41:36 »
The problem with page 177 is the image, which if you solely focus on that and ignore the hex labels looks like a singular building with one, Level 3, roof.  However, the example text and hex labels are correct.

The hexes the Locust are moving across are labelled Level 2, and the text says the Locust is at Level 2.  This means that the Locust is moving on the roof of a Level 2 complex, rather than actually being inside what (in the image) looks to be a single building.  It's only when it gets to Hex B that it actually moves inside a building, and so incurs the PSR.  The Marauder, on the other hand, is entering the building from the very first hex it moves (which both the image and text actually back up), which is why it needs to make two PSRs.

I can't do much about the image, but I can clarify the text slightly in a future reprint to make the Locust's movement clearer.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register