Author Topic: Quick-Start Rules: French Translation  (Read 2159 times)

Narann

• Corporal
  • French player
    • My Blog
Quick-Start Rules: French Translation
« on: 04 January 2013, 12:03:36 »
Hi BT community! :)

I'm new to BT. When I realized it will be translated in French (By Black Books Edition?) I've been very happy but one year later it seems that it will not happen sooner (BBE doesn't seems to do it in 2013...) and I decide to get the (very well done) introductory box.

I really enjoy it but even if everything is made to lead you to a deep comprehension of BT rules smoother, it's still in English and even if I think I understand English, when you never had played wargames before + there is not so much BT players in France to confirm/infirm what you understood + French community forum never confirm my inscription, some concepts can be complicate and you are not always sure what you understand is really what is wrote.

This make you read the rules again and again to try to understand some very "you can't guess" concepts (Attacker/Target modifiers is a good example).

Now, I understand and the hardest part is done. After few play, you understand everything you need to go deeper.

I've translated the Quick-Start-Rules PDF.

The translation link: http://www.fevrierdorian.com/wiki/BattleTech_-_Quick-Start_Rules_%28Traduction%29

The idea is not to say "forget English, read my translation" as I think BT is an English game, and so, you need to know English to go deeper. In addition, some points (tables, etc...) are not translated and will never be because they have too much important terminology that are needed if you want to go deeper.

This is mainly for peoples that would maybe want to have a "French" translation to check some complicate points and see if they well understand them.

To every peoples understanding French: Don't hesitate to tell me if I've wrote big mistakes.

Hope this translation will help some of you (don't hesitate to use it to convert/seduce new French peoples which would maybe be afraid of English).

Have a good day all! :)

Notice: The Veteran and Elite sections are still in translation but don't be too hasty... :(

I also have a question to TPTB (if there is no answer here I will answer to the "Ask the Lead Developers"): Could it be possible to have the original PDF to edit it and have a nice French translated Quick-Start Rule PDF?

Regards,

Dorian

Register