Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by elf25s on Today at 19:45:16 »
I had Long John Silvers a fish fast food restaurant and I got chicken!
front or rear chicken legs?
Extended LRTs would break the underwater game (such as it is) in half.

A couple more considerations for this concept:
Even with HarJel range is somewhat more valuable than normal underwater. Not to the point of being totally dominant, but mechs with UMUs are slower than mechs on land and submarines move at tracked vehicle speed not hovercraft speed so ranges stay open longer.

The best range bands that energy weapons currently get under water are 4/10/16. These brackets are shared by ERPPCs (both techbases), ERLLs (Clan version) and ERLPLs (Clan only). Even if you don't literally copy the ERLL I think that the Polarized Large Laser should out range them, but giving it that range does restrict your design space.

Is it important to you that Polarized Laser are more accurate underwater beyond the range difference? The range brackets being shorter does make them less accurate at the same range as has been suggested, but is it important to the concept that the Polarized Laser is especially accurate underwater or inaccurate in air when compared to other weapons? It's OK if the answer is yes it's just not the route I'd go down naturally.

Likewise is it crucial to the concept that the heat is different in water than in air? Or was that you just spitballing potential balance mechanisms.

Also how good do you want this weapon to be in the open air? Complete garbage like Rifles? Crappy end of Introtech like AC/5s? OKish like SRMs? Better?

If you're not going to take the easy route of reusing an existing lasers stats (and thats exactly what the LRTs designers did remember) then I would suggest extending the weight progression to make it more easy to balance multilple small PLLs against a couple of medium PLLs or a large PLL.

On further reflection my dead simple verson would use standard IS level range brackets for open air. (but still ER level heat) This make it more practical to use my version as a hybrid weapon that is blatantly inferior in open air but ideally not to the point you'd never use it.

They could have been clearer about the difference between the "impact basin" and the "crater", but interesting nonetheless! :)

Yeah, if the crater was as big as the "site" measurements, it would already be a feature that we would clearly see and commonly associate with Mars, I'm sure.  The Great Crater or something similar.

Anyway...

Deep Space and Interplanetary Exploration: There's No Such Thing As Sad Valhalla Impact Noises
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by I am Belch II on Today at 19:05:46 »
I had Long John Silvers a fish fast food restaurant and I got chicken!
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Marik Militia Assault Lance
« Last post by Natasha Kerensky on Today at 19:03:38 »

Nice work and nice lance.
I opted for the credit instead of lowering of the shipping. Does anyone know when that will be handed out??
I was perusing the comment section on KS to see if there was any information about which wave of shipping people would be in. The amount of negativity is astounding! It seems like a lot of people were expecting shipping to be $20 or something along those lines and are acting like they expected the packages to arrive a week after the campaign ended. While I can certainly understand being impatient when there's something you want very badly and it hasn't arrived yet, I also understand that things take time. I thought CGL has done a pretty good job of being honest and transparent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol and venom being spewed out. If I ever back another KS, I will definitely be steering clear of the comments section!

Shipping used to be a lot cheaper. In fact, early in KS's history it wasn't unusual for shipping to be included in the pledge. That did change fast when creators started getting burned.

Wasn't any better about  blowing the timeline though.
it's hard to say, sure maybe Tara will become a celebrated face that manages ot make intergration with the clans more acceptable, but it's just as likely she's viewed disdainfully as a Quisling

I really hope Tara just tries to up and get out of dodge with other RAF survivors in IKEO. She has spent the last 20+ years fighting against the Clans to defend the Republic. She has zero reason to want to work with them whatsoever, dum-dum reasons in HOTW notwithstanding. Also, she's in her 40s, she's been a warrior for longer than most Falcons have, to have her be seen as a poster-child of anything is just dumb mischaracterization.

She got done dirty.
I think the Essentials box was a missed opportunity.  If Yen-Lo-Wang and Legend-Killer (or the others that came as cardboard standees) came pre-painted it may have increased sales even more.  I would be more than happy to pay for a lance pack with the four of them painted.

That is actually a good idea, and probably what started the process.

Personally I'd prefer to not pay a premium for pre-painted.
I was perusing the comment section on KS to see if there was any information about which wave of shipping people would be in. The amount of negativity is astounding! It seems like a lot of people were expecting shipping to be $20 or something along those lines and are acting like they expected the packages to arrive a week after the campaign ended. While I can certainly understand being impatient when there's something you want very badly and it hasn't arrived yet, I also understand that things take time. I thought CGL has done a pretty good job of being honest and transparent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol and venom being spewed out. If I ever back another KS, I will definitely be steering clear of the comments section!

"Steer clear of the comments section" is good advice in general.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register