Author Topic: "Agents of Shield" the unofficial official thread.  (Read 150443 times)

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
Re: "Agents of Shield" the unofficial official thread.
« Reply #1440 on: 19 November 2015, 07:55:21 »
I'm betting it's Agon or Black Bolt.
Eh.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1441 on: 19 November 2015, 10:45:14 »
Not Black Bolt.  He's never been depicted with the kind of powers that the thing on the alien planet has.

I'm also curious.  The characters that first come to my mind are all mutants, or part of the FF license.  At least any that would fit the thing on the other planet.

Which makes me wonder if they might be pulling another Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch and using a different origin to sneak another character into the MCU that they otherwise couldn't use before.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #1442 on: 19 November 2015, 11:32:56 »
Any idea which Inhuman Malick was referencing as the sole reason for Hydra's existence?
Pretty sure it will be someone from the Marvel universe and not a new character, but I'm at a loss which one.

Since Apocalypse is very much tied to the X-Men, which is mostly hands-off to Disney for the moment, I doubt it's him.

From my Avengers lore, I'm going to take a stab and suggest Kang, (Krang?) the guy from the future who got sent back in time and built the ancient egyptian empire. For a while he was one of their other greatest adversaries.

Of course, there are plenty from the various alien civilizations which could also work. Surprised we haven't seen any Skrull, yet.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1443 on: 19 November 2015, 12:58:46 »
Could be Thanatos. ;D

More seriously, it could be a Dire Wraith.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #1444 on: 19 November 2015, 14:12:35 »
EDIT: Definitely the wrong thread. Would they create a new Inhuman or use an existing one?
« Last Edit: 19 November 2015, 18:12:35 by Marwynn »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1445 on: 19 November 2015, 14:21:52 »
Wrong thread.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #1446 on: 19 November 2015, 16:00:56 »
Not Black Bolt.  He's never been depicted with the kind of powers that the thing on the alien planet has.

Which makes me wonder if they might be pulling another Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch and using a different origin to sneak another character into the MCU that they otherwise couldn't use before.
Actually, due to their long history (as Avengers from the first year of the comic), Marvel did have the rights to those two.  They just couldn't mention their dad, or use the "M" word.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1447 on: 19 November 2015, 17:10:00 »
I'm betting it's Agon or Black Bolt.
I'm not familiar with Agon, but a quick search showed he doesn't have any powers?  He's just a geneticist?  I think Black Bolt is too big a character for TV.  If anything, we'll see him in the Inhumans movie in 2018.

More seriously, it could be a Dire Wraith.
I've seen Dire Wraiths floated out there, same with a mish-mash of the Wraith (Brian DeWolff)/Wraith (Zak-Del) characters.  Those make more sense as they're somewhat minor characters.  I really don't think AoS will introduce anyone too well known.  Pretty much every character so far has been "small" enough for the team to handle.  Anyone larger goes to the big screen vs. the Avengers.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1448 on: 19 November 2015, 22:25:23 »
Actually, due to their long history (as Avengers from the first year of the comic), Marvel did have the rights to those two.  They just couldn't mention their dad, or use the "M" word.

Which as a consequence means they have an officially different origin story in the MCU.  Which is what makes me wonder if they might be able to do the same thing with someone else that is already established as an existing character in a comic book series.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1449 on: 20 November 2015, 00:08:57 »
actually it'll be curious to see how Marvel handles Mutants if they should regain that material. now that they've been using the Inhumans to fill the mutant sized hole in the Cinematic universe.

if they get the Xmen back, do you think they'll set up Mutants as a sort of alternate Inhuman type? (where the inhumans genes trigger from something other than terragen?)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1450 on: 20 November 2015, 00:23:30 »
I honestly doubt that they'll get X-Men back.  At least, not in a short enough time that they'll bother sticking them in the current MCU.  The X-Men franchise is the one Marvel line outside of the MCU that seems to still have movies that are turning a profit for the studio, so I can't see 20th Century Fox letting the license expire.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #1451 on: 20 November 2015, 00:46:17 »
It strikes me in many ways, Gideon was pulling a SHIELD/Hydra 2.0. He sets up ATCU as the replacement of SHIELD, complete with a free Hydra infection.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1452 on: 20 November 2015, 02:04:49 »
actually it'll be curious to see how Marvel handles Mutants if they should regain that material. now that they've been using the Inhumans to fill the mutant sized hole in the Cinematic universe.

if they get the Xmen back, do you think they'll set up Mutants as a sort of alternate Inhuman type? (where the inhumans genes trigger from something other than terragen?)

Post Secret Wars, it looks like the Terrigen bomb that started making random Inhumans show up on Earth is actually sterilising existing mutants and stopping any new ones from being born, so Marvel appear to be downplaying the X-Men in favour of the Inhumans to begin with.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Maniac Actual

• Lieutenant
    • checkout my fantasy and SF writing
« Reply #1453 on: 20 November 2015, 06:28:49 »
Post Secret Wars, it looks like the Terrigen bomb that started making random Inhumans show up on Earth is actually sterilising existing mutants and stopping any new ones from being born, so Marvel appear to be downplaying the X-Men in favour of the Inhumans to begin with.
I was under the impression that Marvel was doing it's darndest to kill off the X-Men franchise as the one story arc it didn't control in the MCU.    Last comic I read had Wolverine as an Avenger, so he'll live on, but as I said, I was under the impression that Marvel was working to kill off the whole mutant / X-men franchise because they don't make money off of it.

AS may be as much a representation of the Battletech universe as the original tabletop game is, but if you tell someone "I'm playing Battletech" chances are, if they know what that is, they're going to take you to mean the original tabletop game. - Steve Restless

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #1454 on: 20 November 2015, 08:58:01 »
Sounds like they are playing hard ball like they did with Fantastic Four and Spiderman in hopes of getting control of those franchises back.
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1455 on: 20 November 2015, 12:45:38 »
Oh, has Wolverine gotten around to not being dead yet?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1456 on: 20 November 2015, 15:28:20 »
Oh, has Wolverine gotten around to not being dead yet?

Old Man Logan from Mark Millar's last run on Wolverine has shown up in Marvel's 'present', I believe.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1457 on: 20 November 2015, 15:42:03 »
In other words, no.  (I don't count alternate reality versions of characters when it comes to "back from the dead.")

Maniac Actual

• Lieutenant
    • checkout my fantasy and SF writing
« Reply #1458 on: 20 November 2015, 21:45:09 »
In other words, no.  (I don't count alternate reality versions of characters when it comes to "back from the dead.")
As I said, last comic *I* read had him alive.  Don't read many comics today.  If he is dead.... more to my point that Marvel is trying to kill the line off.  Not like they make much money off comics (compared to the movies) anyway.
AS may be as much a representation of the Battletech universe as the original tabletop game is, but if you tell someone "I'm playing Battletech" chances are, if they know what that is, they're going to take you to mean the original tabletop game. - Steve Restless

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1459 on: 21 November 2015, 03:12:54 »

Maybe Mutants, are natural inhumans, ones who never went through Terra genesis' but still got powers.

It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1460 on: 22 November 2015, 04:01:54 »
one possible is Set or even seth.  Set is a demon that invade earth eon ago before the gods banish him and his ilk.  His best now for the serpent crown sega.  Seth is the egyptian god that who trick set follower into worshiping him once set was banish.  Neither lore that i know of them really match up with this story but it be a good way to introduce other deities of the marvel universe like Thor. 

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1461 on: 01 December 2015, 22:57:51 »
All i have to say after tonights ep..  Man is Fitz a fool.  Yes i know plenty of love sick people would do the same as he is, but surely HE knows Gemma would not want him to do what he was doing.
And Phil..  Phill.  Bad call dude.

I also liked seeing Mac as leader, though dude, you need to start acting like one.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1462 on: 01 December 2015, 23:54:54 »
I was discussing this season with someone I knew yesterday and we agreed on a couple of things: this season is slow, Fitz & Simmons were at their best in Season One, and Grant Ward is completely boring and ought to be replaced by someone else as villain.  Or lose a little more often.

He also had an interesting idea for who/what the thing in the dust storm on the other planet is:

The Red Skull

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1463 on: 02 December 2015, 01:54:39 »
If it was him, then why would hydra have been 'searching for him for ages'?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1464 on: 02 December 2015, 01:59:05 »
especially since it's claimed that
A) the person on the planet is an inhuman
b) was made back when the Kree were around creating inhumans
c) the organization searching for a way to bring said person back has existed since the middle ages at minimum..

that said, i would not be surprised to find out that Red Skull's vanishing via the tesseract just dropped him somewhere in the universe, and he'll show back up in some future film.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #1465 on: 02 December 2015, 02:58:42 »
You could make a story where Hydra finally got him, and then he was sent back by the Tesseract.  Though the weakness of that argument is that the guy would have been more deferential towards Red Skull...still...it is an interesting thought...

Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
My Deviant Art Page

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #1466 on: 02 December 2015, 06:26:07 »
Red Skull probably won't return.  And if he does, it will likely be a new actor.  Hugo Weaving hated the make-up, and doesn't believe they will exercise the options in his contract.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #1467 on: 02 December 2015, 06:48:59 »
Especially for a TV series....

My Deviant Art Page

Register