Author Topic: MechCommander's Handbook Preview - Era Overview and Force Building  (Read 14071 times)

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: MechCommander's Handbook Preview - Era Overview and Force Building
« Reply #60 on: 09 December 2023, 09:36:03 »
I wasn't suggesting you didn't know how they worked.Then why make them a bell curve? Why not make them a flat percentile system?

An aesthetic choice that exists through much of BT.
One that I think is mechanically superior to linear systems, but that's clearly subjective. It's more satisfying to me to have an expectation of what the norm is, with a smaller chance of something unusual or great happening.

But from an objective point of view, it wouldn't be flawed to make a linear system, just like it's not a flaw to have a bell curve.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Fruitfly

• Corporal
« Reply #61 on: 09 December 2023, 19:51:21 »
One thing that jumped out at me is that some of the Standard Formations are over the BV limits - for example the Ghost Bear Assault Star - Front-line is 12,042 BV. While that is a negligible difference - 0.35% - it is still over the limit, and part of playing with points limits is that they are, well, a limit. I do understand you are juggling a lot of factors to come up with these (what’s in plastic, flavorful for the faction, BV, role, etc), but it would be odd to see an official publication break its own rules.

That said, it being an official publication and these being preconfigured packages to be used as-is, I would suggest adding a rider to such over budget Formations that grants the opponent a single reroll for the game per such Formation used.
The Mighty Might Fruitfly

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #62 on: 09 December 2023, 21:44:28 »
Definitely: that rider is in the Introduction, where it extensively reviews BV and how to use it.  There's a specific note that when using these Formations that you should waive any "no going over" house rule, as otherwise many of them are useless.  The main goal here is that all Formations must be within 2% and you must not be able to fit a unit in that BV gap.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2023, 00:55:46 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Fruitfly

• Corporal
« Reply #63 on: 09 December 2023, 22:19:27 »
That makes sense - as “prepackaged” forces, there is not the worry of someone trying to game the system.

ETA: And just let me say I am beyond excited for this book - it’s exactly the kind of thing BT has been needing for a good long while. I’m just quibbling cause I want it to be as awesome as it deserves to be :)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2023, 22:24:23 by Fruitfly »
The Mighty Might Fruitfly

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #64 on: 10 December 2023, 02:53:25 »
and to be honest, with BV, it is easy enough to tweak the piloting and gunnery skills up by a point or two on a mech in the smaller BV force to shrink the gap.

krazzyharry

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 10 December 2023, 09:57:29 »
Will the "exclusive" lance types from Campaign Ops be featured in these examples? For example, The FS Rifle Lance or the FWL Anvil Lance.  It seems like a good way to reference other books. 

With all the Hunchback variants listed, are we going to see a Hunchie variant lance similar to the Urbie (crossed fingers)? I know this not to the place for this question but throwing it out anyway.

Calimehter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 10 December 2023, 10:07:14 »
ETA: And just let me say I am beyond excited for this book - it’s exactly the kind of thing BT has been needing for a good long while. I’m just quibbling cause I want it to be as awesome as it deserves to be :)

Another vote for this sentiment! :)

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 10 December 2023, 10:14:51 »
Looks good, looking forward to this. Are there plans to include faction names for certain formations like Falcon Beak or Talon stars?

Not special, faction typical formations just specific names for the general stuff...

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #68 on: 10 December 2023, 12:26:47 »
Asking in case you can share this level of detail?

How much of a replacement of Campaign Operations will this book be?   Will in include the
  • Chaos
  • Maintenance, Salvage, Repair, and Customization
  • Narrative / Map Rules?

The current Campaign Ops has been my most used of the rule books beyond the TW/BMM.  I am excited to see how this type of book evolves. 

Definitely: that rider is in the Introduction, where it extensively reviews BV and how to use it.  There's a specific note that when using these Formations that you should waive any "no going over" house rule, as otherwise many of them are useless.  The main goal here is that all Formations must be within 2% and you must not be able to fit a unit in that BV gap.

Fantastic to hear.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #69 on: 10 December 2023, 12:37:41 »
No special Formations or Formation names, beyond the generic faction lance upgrades, sorry.  Specifics like that are the realm of era and faction books.

The degree to which the Chaos Campaign portion replaces Campaign Operations is still up in the air, as that section is still under development and, more importantly, I'm not writing it so I don't have the same degree of insight into the overall process/design goals that I have for this part.  I know the intent is definitely to address gaps the previous incarnations have had, however.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

FarFlungHansa

• Recruit
« Reply #70 on: 12 December 2023, 17:28:10 »
I was talking with a friend of mine on something similar to this for doing events! Well, thanks for making a better version!

The preview is awesome! Thank you so much.

I hope to make a similar chart for 1st SL vs Amaris Empire for a Campaign intro - this will make my life way easier. I understand why 1st SL/Amaris isn't included, from Succession Wars to ilClan is probably a task and a half already.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #71 on: 13 December 2023, 19:26:13 »
Faction specific are included in the force manuals

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Sizer

• Recruit
« Reply #72 on: 15 December 2023, 14:00:09 »
Xotl,

Just wanted to say I loved this preview and am super excited for this book!

I really enjoy that you included the BV in the force building.

This gives just enough of a guideline to allow creativity without overwhelming me with choices.

I also like the Iconic and Rare options as ways to stay flavorful to the lore, but also giving a lot of flexibility to make your forces feel unique.

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #73 on: 17 December 2023, 13:33:02 »
Super psyched and excited for this, especially the focus on helping with pick-up games.

Will there be anything in the Clan section on batchalls, beyond what's listed under the "Battle Features" header? This is something I often struggle with in introducing BT to my board game friends and - sadly - it usually just gets skipped.

Would love to see for batchalls: a) a mechanical way this could be done quickly at a table (with those less familiar with BT or just a quick game) and/OR b) a side-bar that gives an example of at-the-table dialogue which would mimic a batchall.

Bonus would be an example of flavor text for each Clan.

A tip of the hat to my favorite, Redditor u/ShermanTank10, "We are Clan Nova Cat, this world will fall, for we have foreseen it. What forces dare oppose our vision?"
« Last Edit: 17 December 2023, 13:41:26 by cmerwin »
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Stormy

• Master Sergeant
  • Old is the New New
« Reply #74 on: 18 December 2023, 12:02:48 »
Yes - this is pretty much top of my list for 2024 (or whenever it arrives, no pressure) based on what I’ve seen. Good work!

MaxKotovsky

• Recruit
« Reply #75 on: 19 December 2023, 06:42:32 »
Thank you for your effort and for sharing this preview! I know people who use your fan RATs and appreciate them.

After reading preview of MCH I've made conclusion that it's made for players already in BT, maybe not so long ago, that will help resolve creating lore correct BV/PV balanced forces for major eras, without going deep in details. So my questions come form this understanding of MCH.

1. Era. It states Clan Invasion era only 3049-3052 without mentioning operation bulldog and tsk force serpent witch was a large part of Сlan Invasion era. Why Clan Invasion era limited in 49-52?

2. RATs. If this book don't dive deep in details so why there are forces rating, that make using of RAT more complicated?

3. RATs. I thought it's become common in later products that OmniMech goes with * sign and allows you to choose any era available config. Why OmniMechs represented in RATs in different configs?

4. Lore availability. I've looked into Clan Wolf mostly and was surprised that there are no Linebacker, Pouncer and Phantom (and upcoming Naga II). Is it so because of early Clan Invasion era?

5. Formations. Why there are no Command Lance/Star?

6. Formations. Support Formation. In current force building rules(CO and ASCE) support formation can be everything that not fitted in your main lances, so it is an ad-hoc formation with no requirements but witch can get good bonuses from supported lance. So I'm a bit confused about purpose of support formation in lore focused book. Will be there are some lore wise guides about what each formation is and their tactics?

At the end I just want to suggest to connect this force building rules from MHC with maybe some hints and links about force building for gameplay purposes(CO and ASCE) which reward players with SPAs and bonuses. When players rewarded by bonuses that help them win by using lore correct units and/or formations of their faction it's always satisfies and encourage them to treat lore more accurately and precisely.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 19 December 2023, 09:29:55 »
Noticed that Nova Cat mech availability list has the Nobori-nin as a heavy mech, should be a medium.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #77 on: 19 December 2023, 13:17:45 »
Noticed that Nova Cat mech availability list has the Nobori-nin as a heavy mech, should be a medium.

Already caught and covered on thread page 1.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #78 on: 20 December 2023, 06:57:11 »
For those who don't remember, I was the original Errata Guy for CGL's run on BattleTech. Trust me, it's better to get multiple reports of the same bug than to have people not report something because they're afraid it was already mentioned. It's truly awesome to have people who so want to help make each BT product as good as it can be, but there's no need to vet each others' reports. Xotl is well-practiced at his jobs now; he can sort things out on his own.

That said, it's really exciting to see this project as it's developing. This sort of book can only benefit from getting as many eyes on it as possible, to find all the subtle little problems. I do hope its development remains public.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #79 on: 20 December 2023, 14:56:04 »
That said, it's really exciting to see this project as it's developing. This sort of book can only benefit from getting as many eyes on it as possible, to find all the subtle little problems. I do hope its development remains public.

Based on how constructive the feedback has been so far, that'd be fine with me. Xotl wanted to try this as a bit of an experiment and it's gone well so far. Keep it up, and there's no reason we wouldn't put more out there when we can.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

jasonf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #80 on: 21 December 2023, 00:44:39 »
Hey Xotl! Here are my tl;dr comments. I've kept most of my comments at a higher level since you mentioned a good deal may be subject to change.

To give perspective, I'm coming at this under the following assumptions about the book:
1. It's geared toward newer players who have AGoAC and maybe the BMM, but not much else, with one player understanding the rules better than their friends and appointed the default GM/scenario-builder (and therefore in possession of this book).
2. It will have some versions of rules to build forces, etc., for a one-off tabletop scenario as well as rules for multiple scenarios in campaign play.

A) Front Matter
1. I would actually combine the "Time Period" and "Supporting Products" sections into a single section, with the single section having summaries of major engagements, and then the related sourcebooks under each summary. So for example:
Operation Guerrero (3057-58): The FWL and CC combine to invade the Federated Commonwealth, taking a group of worlds near Terra and leading to such destabilization of the region that it leads to the creation of the "Chaos March."
Current Products: Brush Wars: Operation Guerrero, Spotlight On: Zhanzheng de Guang, ...
--The logic here is that it highlights specific events that players could build a campaign around and ties the products more tightly to their relevant events.

2. I'd also separate out the TRO/RecGuide products from the above.
--The logic in this case is that the sourcebooks are less relevant for one-off tabletop games than the TROs, so this would make it an easier reference the relevant products for those just creating a single scenario.

3. With regard to calling things "out-of-print," maybe a good alternative from a branding standpoint would be to call them "Current" vs. "Classic" products?

4. I know this is purely a 'Mech-focused book, but I think it might be worth it to also have a short "Battlefield Support" section for each era. The idea would be to give a general idea of how to build a combined-arms force for factions in each era. For example, snippets for the CI era could be something like, "During this era, the frontline and even 2nd-line Clan forces used Elemental battle armor and ASFs almost exclusively as their battlefield support. Vehicles were frowned upon by most (Clan Hell's Horses was a notable exception), and relegated to solahma duty." And, "Battle armor appeared at the start of the era for major successor state factions, but mostly only with the most well-equipped frontline units (i.e., A/B rated), and initially only at the company--or rarely--battalion level."
--The idea here is to just give a general flavor of how to tie the Mercs box set and KS vehicle packs to the force building rules here, without getting into any detail on non-'Mech units.

B) Force Building Matter
5. I get the idea behind the "Standard Formations" section, but I'd actually suggest revamping it by instead interspersing those formations throughout each era in company/trinary sized "Example Forces" placed in inset boxes throughout each chapter. Each force would be a grouping of formations already in the draft, displayed in a condensed version of the example forces on pp. 194-197 of AS:CE.
--My concern is that these subsections come off more as specific requirements than suggestions. Experienced users will know how to mix and match 'Mechs into these formations, but new players may not realize they allow for more flexibility than the current exposition implies, and might get turned off and/or overwhelmed as a result.
--Example forces will also allow you more flexibility in presenting stuff. For example, you can present some forces with AS stats and others with TW stats. You can have some represent Elite/A-rated forces and others represent Urbie-filled militia forces. I'm also guessing it would also reduce the amount of work on formations you would have to do for each era chapter.

6. I actually have the opposite suggestion for the 'Mech Availability lists--I would add the specific variants for each era/sub-era that are Iconic/Common/Uncommon/Rare where possible. I'd also maybe put them in table form (columns = Lt/Med/Hvy/Aslt, rows = Iconic, Common, etc.)
--My reason for this is that the MUL can be daunting for a new player for the more-common models... for example, imagine reading that the Archer is an Iconic/Common 'Mech for a faction and then searching for "Archer" on the MUL without additional guidance. Specific variants on these lists should help a lot.

7. I also think it might be worth having multiple RATs and Availability Lists for each era. For example, Clan Invasion could have each for 3050, 3057, and maybe 3062. Jihad could have 3067 and 3072/3075, and so on. It just seems that some of the major eras (outside of the Late SW) have too much tech advancement to be captured in a single RAT, but also don't have much different regarding their force building and canon to warrant their own chapter.

8. On the flip side, I think you could get away with consolidating the chapters to "Late SW," "Clan Invasion," "Jihad," "Dark Age/ilClan," and then "Other Eras." In the latter, you could have much shorter sections for each remaining era (SLDF/Early SW era, Republic Era) with only select factions represented with RATs and availability lists (i.e., SLDF and RotS). That would align the detail of each chapter a bit better with how much existing product there is for each era.

9. I'm not certain how useful it is to have recommended BV by formation type and skill. To be honest, I don't know how I'd balance forces using those tables. Maybe a more useful table would just be Lt/Med/Hvy/Aslt lance vs. Green/Reg/Vet/Elite, and then separate tables for Clan/IS/Comstar(WoB)? That would give a less experienced player a good idea of what BV they could expect to spend for a given force and skill level, and allow them to choose forces using the rules in the book accordingly.

10. For the RATS, I like having the A/B/C/D/F designations for forces, and hope that makes them easy to correspond to the upcoming Force Manuals. That being said, most sourcebooks use Frontline/2nd-Line for the Clans (and given the recent fiction, you may want a 3rd category for solahma). You may want to stick with that if you are going to reference older products for force building (with similar points for older RotS and WoB RATs).

11. While not directly related to the draft, the draft got me thinking this book would be the ideal place to replicate the BV Skill table on p. 315 of the TM, along with the relevant force BV adjustments on the same page and on p. 198 of TO:AUE (likely somewhere before these chapters). If this is going to be the force building book, that info is essential, and currently a pain to look up once you are already at the tabletop.

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
« Reply #81 on: 22 December 2023, 09:21:19 »
I love this and think it's badly needed with all the new players especially.

Quick question: on the CCAF list, why no VND-3L or CTF-3L?

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #82 on: 23 December 2023, 05:54:21 »
Could we get an overview of weight distribution for a formation? In books like Empire Alone when you get overviews of a force, say SilverHawk Irregulars you’ll get Light/Battlemech/Battalion. I’m not sure what constitutes a Light, Medium or Heavy Company or Battalion. While I’m not expecting new players to have that many units, although Alpha strike brings bigger forces into play. Players could use the fluff to influence what formations at lance level they bring.

Does this book stick to the total warfare force composition for lance and star weights?

Cheers,

Arthinas

• Corporal
« Reply #83 on: 23 December 2023, 20:21:38 »
Are Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear not supposed to have any rare heavy mechs other than salvage, or was something left out?

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #84 on: 02 January 2024, 11:59:20 »
3. With regard to calling things "out-of-print," maybe a good alternative from a branding standpoint would be to call them "Current" vs. "Classic" products?

Good idea, but I'd suggest something like "Print and Epublications" and "Epublications" instead of "Current" vs. "Classic". The problem I have with "Current" suggests that the other stuff is obsolete and therefore useless.

4. I know this is purely a 'Mech-focused book, but I think it might be worth it to also have a short "Battlefield Support" section for each era. The idea would be to give a general idea of how to build a combined-arms force for factions in each era. For example, snippets for the CI era could be something like, "During this era, the frontline and even 2nd-line Clan forces used Elemental battle armor and ASFs almost exclusively as their battlefield support. Vehicles were frowned upon by most (Clan Hell's Horses was a notable exception), and relegated to solahma duty." And, "Battle armor appeared at the start of the era for major successor state factions, but mostly only with the most well-equipped frontline units (i.e., A/B rated), and initially only at the company--or rarely--battalion level."
--The idea here is to just give a general flavor of how to tie the Mercs box set and KS vehicle packs to the force building rules here, without getting into any detail on non-'Mech units.

This is a neat idea but I think it might be better served by making it part of the suggested "Mechcommander's Handbook Supplemental". Xotl has mentioned that page count is a big consideration for this product, so moving it to a PDF-only product makes sense. Personally I'd like to see the same treatment given to the unique and era-specific formations mentioned earlier so you could find the FWL Rifle lance and the Age of War's Terran Hegemony Fire Lance in the Supplemental as well.

(Maybe if we're really good boys and girls, CGL will produce a whole line of Supplementals. "Mechcommander's Supplemental: Age Of War", "Mechcommander's Supplemental: Dark Age Periphery" sound nice to my ear.)
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #85 on: 06 January 2024, 20:06:17 »
An aesthetic choice that exists through much of BT.
One that I think is mechanically superior to linear systems, but that's clearly subjective. It's more satisfying to me to have an expectation of what the norm is, with a smaller chance of something unusual or great happening.

But from an objective point of view, it wouldn't be flawed to make a linear system, just like it's not a flaw to have a bell curve.

Let's just forget about the time MechWarrior 3E used D10s for some reason. Not being sarcastic, I like that there's seemingly a goal to stick with D6s across all products now.

Of course, 2D6 can also be used to linearly select 1 of 36 choices - the first D6 selects one of six subtables, and the second D6 selects one of six units on that subtable, like a larger-scale version of critical hits on arms and torso locations. The quality modifier could be added to just the second die, so there are 6 subtables but each subtable has 14 units, so F-rated units are selecting members 1 through 6 while A-rated units are selecting members 9 through 14.

I'm sure the way it's being done now is more than adequate for this product, but maybe someone working on something else could borrow that idea if they want more nuance.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 07 January 2024, 04:25:32 »
well, this just got on my buy list. Pretty much on the top of the book portion, actually.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #87 on: 08 January 2024, 15:38:33 »
This book is great to see in the pipeline. 👌

It’d be nice if “see the MCH” could be the silver bullet answer to questions like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/battletech/comments/18zealg/clarification_on_advanced_vs_standard_rules_mechs/

My main thought is just that I strongly second jasonf’s point (B.6) about including variants in availability lists, at least for non-omni’s. Even if it’s just ‘any of the variants in the RATs above’.

Perhaps “availability” just isn’t the right term here? It almost seems like that section wants be a narrower “common units” section with breakdowns within (“iconic” though just “less common”). ‘Rare’ could be a blanket ‘See mul for a comprehensive list of rare but still available units’ or what not.

It does seem peculiar that the RATs produce results that aren’t in line with rarity, but also a passed opportunity to consolidated a lot of information. I get and like the rating-modified system generally and the notion of speed, but seems to me the reader is ultimately in this book for flavor, and it seems more favorable at no speed loss if, say, a real dog of a mech sits in the middle of a chart such that even good forces get saddled with it because they’re a good force of _that_ faction, or, if there’s a solid workhorse in the middle that forces of all quality levels get because it’s just so easily produced in that region. It’d also provide RATs with a glanceable ‘irregularity’ flavor that I’d wager the book’s audience is looking for (‘Oh, such and such’s mediums are a real gamble if you’re into that, I prefer the rating-consistency of their lights…’).

Another thing with the absence of variants in the availability section is a feel-bad smell of a force-building book that, when it comes to the kind of force building a new player is going to think of (making picks off a list), bounces them to another source that'll bounce them to other sources…

Specific variant constraints could also provide guardrails against things like ‘what do you mean it’s cheese all my mechs are royals / gauss-toting / clan large-pulse packing / jumping flash-bulbs / whatever else can be min maxed with chassis that have tons of varied variants?’

~

If you'll forgive me a note beyond eras, I’m a little surprised there isn’t a broader section on formats. 

Like, I get that “how do I build a force” is a super common question, but in my experience it's predicated on format presumptions from other minis games and asked by players who haven't found a group that's going to just tell them what's going on. In other words, I'd bet $1 that a valuable audience for this book is someone looking to organize a group and would find a lot of value in, say, 'three player formats', 'mitigating init swingy-ness in run-one free for alls', 'how much meta in a tournament format','so you want to run a big game with a lot of people...','keeping different skill differences engaged in campaign play' etc. etc. etc. Even in 'campaign play' a 2 player numbers-go-down pvp format like Chaos Campaign is a different beast from a GM'd 6 player pve numbers-go-up format that a D&Der off the corner might expect.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2024, 13:27:01 by Bison AIs »

Rekkon

• Recruit
« Reply #88 on: 12 January 2024, 16:19:42 »
As someone who has done a lot of research and RAT mining over the years to get an idea of mech distributions for my campaigns, I am really looking forward to this.

Couple things I noticed:
* The Howler is missing its proper name under Jade Falcon availability.
* Should not the Lynx C show up under Smoke Jaguar since they built it?
* Wolf does not have any Rifleman IICs.  Is that an oversight since it is uniformly common in all the other Clans?
* I see a number of 'C' mechs that have no representation in any of the Clan tables (Archer, Warhammer, Rifleman, Thunderbolt, Locust, Lancelot, Victor).  Were these left out just due to table slot limitations or for some other reason?

Thanks for your work on this, Xotl!

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: 12 January 2024, 18:10:56 »
Isn't the lynx c basically extinct by the invasion?

Register