Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 221262 times)

Wotan

• Lieutenant
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #390 on: 09 November 2011, 16:08:39 »
If you are not only searching for omnis, you can use Hellfires or Burrocks to make the stars more Adder-like.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #391 on: 09 November 2011, 16:40:45 »
If you are not only searching for omnis, you can use Hellfires or Burrocks to make the stars more Adder-like.

I thought about that but pre-reaving Alpha is fluffed out as being all omni.  The reality is it is a force that will not likely see much time on a table due to insane BV.  I still feel obligated to paint it and display it at least as it was my primary unit.  I'll likely just paint it black and blue with out the highlights so some of the mechs can be used as parts of other Adder forces and actually see a table at some point.

To the patient go the spoils

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #392 on: 09 November 2011, 16:52:38 »
You can bring them on the table also as a smoke jaguar force, if you want to play. There is no restriction that you have to paint your minis accordingly. ???

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #393 on: 09 November 2011, 17:40:48 »
Yeah, I was a Jag player before they died and the idea of them doubling as a Jag unit is pretty tempting as well.

I just want to paint up some minis, one part of BT that I liked that I still miss since none of my new ones are painted yet.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #394 on: 09 November 2011, 18:22:05 »
The nice thing about Clan Star Adder is that every unit has virtually the same colors. Just make everything deep dark blue with blood red highlights and you're good to go!

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #395 on: 09 November 2011, 19:23:45 »
The nice thing about Clan Star Adder is that every unit has virtually the same colors. Just make everything deep dark blue with blood red highlights and you're good to go!

If by same colors, you mean the basic black and dark blue, yes.  The only units using red highlights are Gamma, Sigma, and the Quasar Keshik per CamoSpecs.  Only Sigma uses only red.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #396 on: 09 November 2011, 21:27:35 »
Yup most everybody is some variation of Black and deep blue.  Alpha and Beta are almost identical except one uses gold highlights and one uses tan... for a shocking difference.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #397 on: 11 November 2011, 03:17:56 »
Because my superheavy Mech design was moved to the Fan Design, here is the link:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,12594.0.html

You may discuss here.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2011, 03:29:15 by Gaiiten »
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #398 on: 14 November 2011, 09:57:59 »
No comments?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #399 on: 14 November 2011, 15:30:11 »
I have not found it, dude. Only the general forum. Whats the name of the creation? (I also don't know much about SHs, but most time aka the few I have seen, they suck) Better link?
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #400 on: 14 November 2011, 16:35:52 »
It's just not my preferred timeline. ;)

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #401 on: 15 November 2011, 03:31:10 »
* grmbl* Seems it was moved again.

Upper link is updated.

------------------------------------

@ Wotan:
What is your preferred timeline?
I am going on with the story`s current ....  :)

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #402 on: 15 November 2011, 12:13:50 »
Hm, I dont even know the new weapon's abilities, it has 2 Peps, 1 ATM and a HAG, all the smaller stuff is nice, but I guess anyone who can avoids this range, or is so fast (iJJs) to jump right into its back.
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #403 on: 15 November 2011, 13:45:09 »
The arguments about getting behind them is reasonable, for that I would fit both SSRM6 to the back.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #404 on: 15 November 2011, 17:06:23 »
Good news for us - IWM has included two more configs for our beloved Blood Asp to their online shop.  [rockon]

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #405 on: 15 November 2011, 20:07:25 »
Good news for us - IWM has included two more configs for our beloved Blood Asp to their online shop.  [rockon]

Whaaaaa????? :D

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #406 on: 30 November 2011, 17:37:01 »
I just read the WoR and stumble over an entry that describes our garrison on the Tanite worlds as somewhat lax. That doesn't fit to earlier description for our Tau galaxy that took station there for some time to rebuild and come back as an overall veteran force where it had some green and regular clusters before in the FM: CC.
So what do you think. Was this lax duty just the case for the traitors or is there really an issue with our secondline units ?

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #407 on: 01 December 2011, 14:41:35 »
IMHO that lax attitude was largely done during the time Rho ( a galaxy with a higher than average percentage of exBurrocks) was garrisoning the Tanites. Galaxy Commander Kenneth Hutchinson was the final link given what he did.

The Burrocks`rebellion is a very interesting aspect of the WoR. Honestly I expected a far more serious uprising splitting the Clan in two halves. What I thought as being grave mistakes (the lax attitude towards Burrock hardliners and chauvinists instead of crushing them and moving them to other places and units where they concentrate their numbers til the uprising) seem to be a good idea, they separated the future traitors from the people who adapted and so the rebellions were limited to only few places (Priori and Tanites).

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #408 on: 01 December 2011, 14:52:50 »
It appears the bulk of the Burrock lower castes assimilated fairly well and some of the warriors did as well so the problem could have been worse.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #409 on: 01 December 2011, 15:49:17 »
The damage that rebellion was immense (loss of people and resources alike). Without the Adders could have acted more decisively and rapidly.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #410 on: 01 December 2011, 16:47:38 »
I always wondered why Upsilon was send without clear operating plan to the deep peripherie instead throwing them at York until the last hardliner was happy dying against the Spirits.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #411 on: 01 December 2011, 21:09:58 »
I always wondered why Upsilon was send without clear operating plan to the deep peripherie instead throwing them at York until the last hardliner was happy dying against the Spirits.

The plan was pretty clear; pave the way for a new invasion.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #412 on: 02 December 2011, 11:26:36 »
Correct, but it would have been better if those have been among the warriors fighting and dying on York. However I believe those exBurrocks understood the true intentions of the Adder leadership behind. They did not volunteer.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #413 on: 02 December 2011, 12:25:22 »
The plan behind is clear, but not formulated. "Go out and do something" isn't a good order if you want to prepare a successfull invasion. It seems that the leadership lost interest after their departure.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #414 on: 02 December 2011, 12:30:10 »
The plan behind is clear, but not formulated. "Go out and do something" isn't a good order if you want to prepare a successfull invasion. It seems that the leadership lost interest after their departure.

Less so much lost interest and more got side tracked by the start of a massive civil war, but yes lost it one way or the other.   The Upsilon thing seemed very unAdder like, it was a tactical move but not backed by sound strategy.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #415 on: 03 December 2011, 05:46:47 »
I do not think so.
Upsilon`s mission was intended to be very indepentently executed from the Clan`s logistical network.
As long the mission briefings and reports came in, there was no need to be concerned of something went wrong.

Generally, given the Burrock matter the Adders were very naive, firstly I thought that could have been the reason for a Trial of Absorption declared against them. Maybe the Vipes could have done that if the Adders had not outsmarted them.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #416 on: 04 December 2011, 00:29:34 »
Personally, I still think the Burrocks are around.  They basically escaped twice and I think they are so deep in the dark that orbital bombardment won't even matter.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #417 on: 04 December 2011, 04:32:13 »
Personally, I still think the Burrocks are around.  They basically escaped twice and I think they are so deep in the dark that orbital bombardment won't even matter.

I agree, the amimal called Burrock is stil around and many lived deep-burrowed into the ground  ;)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #418 on: 04 December 2011, 04:38:10 »

Personally, I think that's wishful thinking.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #419 on: 04 December 2011, 09:17:56 »

Clan Zombie is probably gone as any sort of organized force.  I'm sure there still are Burrocks wandering the wastes of some of the wrecked home worlds though.