Author Topic: Bear vs Blake, March 5th in Tempe, Arizona  (Read 4590 times)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
Bear vs Blake, March 5th in Tempe, Arizona
« on: 14 February 2011, 16:21:23 »
Bear vs. Blake
Saturday, March 5th at Game Depot

Mission Synopsis:  September 14, 3076.  Forces of the Ghost Bear Dominion advance against the Word of Blake armies on the key defensive world of Dyev.

Time:  We are scheduled to start at 12:00pm, and will play until 7:00pm.

Unit selection:  Miniatures & record sheets for pre-made forces will be provided, or players may bring their own.
•   Ghost Bears (attacker):  5000 BV2, one to five units, no aerospace.  All units must be available in 3076 and be selected from the following faction lists: Clan General, SLDF 2750, Clan Ghost Bear.
•   Word of Blake (defender):  5000 BV2, one to six units, no aerospace.  All units must be available in 3076 and be selected from the following faction lists:  Inner Sphere General, SLDF 2750, Word of Blake.
•   If a player's force consists of at least two units and all units in the force are connected by C3 or C3i (including spending the BV), that force may be connected with any other player's C3-capable force that meets the same conditions.  No more than two forces can be on a single C3 network, though multiple independent networks can exist.
•   Piloting (or Driving, or Anti-Mech) and Gunnery Skills may not differ in value by more than 2.
•   All units must be Tournament-legal units selected from the faction list at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lacasse/factionlist/.
•   Bringing assembled miniatures that match units your force will give that model one point of Edge, usable to re-roll one roll directly affecting it once during the battle.  This does not apply to forces provided by the GM.
•   If you would prefer to play one side or the other, email me ahead of time (joel@agee-hyland.com).

Terrain and setup description:  The battle will be held on a 4’ x 6’ map (2” hexes; 24x36) with rolling hills and moderate forestation.  The attackers pick an entry hex for every unit; the defenders then place their entire force on the board.  The attackers will move onto the board on round one.

Victory Conditions:  Due to the amount of hatred between the forces, only destruction of the enemy is acceptable.  Victory points are scored equal to the BV of destroyed units plus one half the BV of crippled units.  (Units that cannot affect the battle will be counted as destroyed and removed from the board.)

Special Rules:  With a few exceptions, only Total Warfare rules will be used.
•   Initiative will be done two units at a time, rather than one.
•   There is no “edge of the world.”  If a mech is up against a map edge, the three hexes that would be surrounding the mech off the board are now legal hexes for movement.
•   The following rules from Tactical Operations will be used:  Floating Crits, Sprinting, Evading, Careful Stand, Firing When Down.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Bear vs Blake, March 5th in Tempe, Arizona
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2011, 19:50:06 »
Looking forward to this, count me in for the Bears !
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2011, 17:52:01 »
At this rate I'm going to have to start denying Bear requests -- no WoB volunteers so far.  You'd think the C3 gift would at least bring out the faction-agnostic in droves...

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2011, 13:51:35 »
I would play a WoB, but I saw this topic after if was too late to request the day off.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2011, 14:05:07 »
At this rate I'm going to have to start denying Bear requests -- no WoB volunteers so far.  You'd think the C3 gift would at least bring out the faction-agnostic in droves...
/negotiators hat on.

Well ya see,  I do hates me some Wobblies even if I'm not a Bear.
To go with that, I have ZERO minis for the Wobblies faction short of some Unseens variants.
So while my wolf units work for bears, I'm not so good w/ wobblies.
And then I would loose my point of edge and we'd all hate that.
hehehe.

Well I'll try to see if I can come up w/ 2 forces if possible.
If not, make sure you have me something w/ that IJJ/ERML-Preta and the nastiest Archangel variant you can find.
That at least might be fun........... I mean if you have to go bad, then GO BAD.  }:)

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2011, 14:38:53 »
Reminder bump.  See you Saturday!

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2011, 00:45:16 »
Thanks again Joel, a great game as always even with the unusually low turn out this time around.

The Bears held the day,  and I can say I was not thinking we would see that after seeing the brutal C3 network that was coming at us.

2 Clan assaults, 1 light, and 1 Vtol v/s 5 IS Mechs (2 Assault/3 Medium) with 4 of them in a C3i network.

End Results:  2 dead IS Assaults and we called it for the clan side.

Keys:  Bad rolling all around,  but really bad for clan to hit rolls IMHO, that said the luck on Initiative and "headcapping on a 10 point hit" certainly balanced things out a little.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2011, 18:39:55 »
Winning initiative every round except for turn 6 made it so that they could never get close enough to your ECM-carrying VTOL -- and without C3i, their 4-gunner assault mechs could never seriously threaten yours.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2011, 00:38:53 »
When did you decide the next game is ?

Please tell me its not the 9th.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2011, 16:09:56 »
It's April 2.  Post going up now...

Register