Author Topic: Advanced Building Construction  (Read 3689 times)

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
Advanced Building Construction
« on: 31 March 2011, 17:33:00 »
I'm building an gunnery turret and have two questions.

First, is it possible to construct a building with a height of zero hexes to have it flush with the ground or would a height of one basically be the the turret itself sticking out of the ground?

Second, how would you rules a turret remotely controlled from an outside source?

Legion

• Master Sergeant
  • Je te provoque en duel, Freebirth!
Re: Advanced Building Construction
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2011, 19:24:36 »
Well for rules, personally I would have the control disrupted by ECM if it's wireless, perhaps not if it's hardwired.  As for height, there are advanced rules for "half level" terrain that tanks and such can go hull-down behind, so maybe you could fit this in along those lines, although the lower your turret the worse it's field of vision/fire might be, depending on the surrounding terrain.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2011, 22:07:55 »
You can build basements into buildings.  :)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2011, 11:36:23 »
Wanna know if Calliope turrets are possible but not sure how to read the rules.

I know they got 2 MPL, 2 LRM15, and 1 ERLL

Archameades

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2011, 16:49:11 »
Just about anything is possible.. The questions that will arise are size (hexes), weight, power source etc..

If you want a turret that has 2 MPL, 2 LRM15, and an ERLL then you can make it.

I would try constructing your turret at an elevation of -1, then maybe use a service elevator to act as the mechanism for the turret to raise up out of the ground.  Since the weapons load out is relatively light weight it shouldn't be more than your elevator can handle.  Hard wire the power and control to your central facility via underground wires or have local power and wireless for a more independant unit.

sketchesofpayne

• Sergeant
  • Real heroes are never made public.
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2011, 14:32:57 »
We once did a game with pop-up turrets.  We just treated them as level one buildings with camo nets using the hidden units set up.  A Loki ended its movement right in front of one and got a face full of twin MRM 40s!  Then the clanners blew the turret away.  ("Kill that thing!  Don't let it fire again!")
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

Register