93 (58.9%)
Don't know; depends on how the sculpts look
41 (25.9%)
I like my minis the way they are now
20 (12.7%)
Other; please explain
4 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in MWO sculpts of mechs?  (Read 17665 times)

jayhawk

• Sergeant
Re: Would anyone be interested in MWO sculpts of mechs?
« Reply #60 on: 24 February 2012, 15:28:08 »
 [rockon] [rockon] [rockon] [rockon] [rockon]
Major T.J. "King" Kong:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I 'aint much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #61 on: 24 February 2012, 15:50:12 »
I have to echo that I think that redesigning the old mechs from the ground up would be good for the game.  Most of the people I get interested in Battletech like the game, but don't like the minis, and for good reason, 90% of them simply don't hold up well aesthetically to what other game companies make. I have one friend that bought the intro box, then *gave away* all the minis except the two clan mechs, because he didn't like how they look.  It seems like most people who are buying the box set are people who are already fans of the game.  Having miniatures that look the way BT minis do keeps the game from being as well-received as it deserves.
So true, I also gave those minis away. 

ps. That commando looks extremely good. If they keep this up, then I would like to have a set of the Mechs in the game. But that would require high quality molds.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Auman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #62 on: 25 February 2012, 13:59:03 »
I don't think anyone is saying they should make the classic designs unrecognizable from what they were... I think a lot of people are saying they could stand to be re-sculpted with more detail and better proportions in  some cases.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 25 February 2012, 14:04:33 »
I don't think anyone is saying they should make the classic designs unrecognizable from what they were... I think a lot of people are saying they could stand to be re-sculpted with more detail and better proportions in  some cases.

Precisely.

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
  • I draw stuff for a miniatures company
« Reply #64 on: 25 February 2012, 16:23:03 »
Hmmm, the new Commando looks like its wearing a Games Workshop Imperial Karskin helmet.

I agree with you on the Project Phoenix reboot, but I always wanted a Crusader that looked like one in the original TRO, with the spike on the head.

It was alternatively an antennae or weapon barrel.  It was never merely a "spike."

Funny because in my opinion the old 3025 designs are much more timeless and dare I say classic than some (not all mind you) of the new(ish) designs. I am not a huge fan of the "huge and boxy" look with ... strange ... proportions which was introduced with MWDA. But that's just me ... *shrugs*

Heh, that's because we're old men who happen to like the original source material for the Unseen 3025 designs.    :P
1st Battalion, 91st Royal Battlemech Regiment, 26th Light Brigade Combat Team, 61st Infantry Division, XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, SLDF

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 25 February 2012, 17:11:40 »

*DING DING DING*  exactly!

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #66 on: 02 March 2012, 18:49:52 »
I think it would be really cool to release some or all of the MWOnline mechs in miniature form.

It might really help to boost sales if purchasing them in RL would give us a code to unlock something in MWOnline itself.

Make it a real tiein...;)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #67 on: 02 March 2012, 19:05:26 »

I would love to see them in highly detailed BattleForce size.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 04 March 2012, 21:59:52 »

Posted by: Maingunnery
« on: 02 March 2012, 16:05:26 »Insert Quote

I would love to see them in highly detailed BattleForce size.

would like to second that.

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 05 March 2012, 12:46:31 »
Absolutely.  The smaller the better (with good quality, of course).
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.