Author Topic: PTT-1A Protector  (Read 1271 times)

Turtle Wax

• Recruit
PTT-1A Protector
« on: 30 June 2012, 06:40:31 »
Protector PTT-1A Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Technology Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Production Year: 3085
Extinct By: Never

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chassis: OCC PTT Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Falling Star 240 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
     Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Light Weave Light Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE
Armament:
     1 Punisher ER Large Laser
     6 Diverse Destroyer MML-3s
     1 Pulse Punisher Small Pulse Laser
     1 Near Or Far Improved C3 Computer
Manufacturer: Outer Cosmos Creations
     Primary Factory: Twilight
Communications System: OCRAF Duracomm
Targeting and Tracking System: OCRAF Fastlock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
The OCRAF High Command has always favored the Improved C3 Computer. OCRAF High Command approached Outer Cosmos Creations on Twilight in 3079, with a unique challenge. The OCRAF wanted Outer Cosmos Creations to create a mech designed to take full advantage of the Improved C3 Computers capabillities on the battlefield.

The first C3I Prototype mech that Outer Cosmos Creations developed for the OCRAF High Command, was a 85 ton assault mech named the "Judge". During combat trials for the Judge in early 3080, the "Judge" proved durable, but woefully undergunned for its intended battlefield role. Another problem OCRAF had with the "Judge" was its high cost. Twenty Six million cbills is expensive for a 100 ton mech, let alone a 85 ton mech.

In early 3080 all testing on the "Judge" was canceled, and Outer Cosmos Creations began work on creating a cheaper C3I mech which possessed a effective weapons loadout for its tonnage that could take advantage of the Improved C3 Computer. In late 3080, the "Protector" battlemech prototype was created and after a year of grueling and extensive combat testing, the PTT-1A Protector battlemech was completed.

Battle History
As of 3085, the PTT-1A Protector has not seen combat, however it is only a matter of time until the PTT-1A Protector battlemech confronts the enemies of the Outer Cosmos Republic.

Deployment
Since 3083, 3 production runs of PTT-1A Protector battlemechs have been purchased by OCRAF high command, and deployed in areas around the Outer Cosmos Republic where hostillities are expected to occur. OCRAF High Command wants to see how well the PTT-1A Protector battlemech performs in battle before purchasing any more PTT-1A Protector battlemechs.

Technology Base: Inner Sphere 60.00 tons
Chassis Config: Biped Cost: 7,959,200 C-Bills
BV2: 1,289 Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E

Equipment   Mass
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 3.00
Internal Locations: 6 LT, 4 LA, 4 RA
Engine: 240 Fusion Engine 11.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0 
Heat Sinks: 11 (22) - Double (9 in engine) 1.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 RT
Gyro: Compact 4.50
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor: 195 points - Light Ferro-Fibrous 11.50
Armor Locations: 2 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL
CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1.00

Internal Armor
 Structure Factor
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 20 28
Center Torso (rear):  8
R/L Torso: 14 20
R/L Torso (rear):  8
R/L Arm: 10 20
R/L Leg: 14 27

Weapons and Ammo Location Heat Criticals Tonnage
Small Pulse Laser HD 2 1 1.00
Improved C3 Computer CT 0 2 2.50
ER Large Laser CT 12 2 5.00
3 MML-3s RA 6 6 4.50
3 MML-3s LA 6 6 4.50
@MML-3 (SRM) (132) RT -- 4 4.00
@MML-3 (LRM) (120) LT -- 3 3.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. OV Armor: 7 Points: 13
4 4 3 2 0 3 0 Structure: 5 
Special Abilities: C3I, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1

Created using Solaris Skunk Werks
Downloadable here
« Last Edit: 30 June 2012, 08:38:30 by Turtle Wax »
Turtle Wax! It's the preferred Mech and Tank Wax of the SLDF! - Terra Holovid 2695

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: PTT-1A Protector
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2012, 07:33:45 »
You seem to be half a ton underweight? ???

Anyway, you're rather severely over-ammo'd - Unless you're using some really odd tactics you're very unlikely to fire off more than 20 rounds from a MML3 during a long fight. Add one ton of ammo for special munitions and you've saved 3 tons, which can be used to upgrade the armor (switching to standard) and adding two DHS so that you can fire both the MMLs and the ERLL without heat buildup.

Btw, want to be real fancy? Add a variant that uses a 300 LFE as a spotter. :)

Turtle Wax

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2012, 08:34:24 »
Like the fluff says, the OCRAF was trying to save cost as much as possible, so yay to fusion engine and nay to light fusion engine. I forgot to fill in the extra half ton to my armor, thanks I filled it in now. 20-22 shots for a missile launcher is just perfect in my opinion, usually thats around how many shots of ammo I use in any section of my campaign. Also, keep in mind that if the ammo runs out on this design, it loses a great deal of its firepower, so I didn't wanna risk this design losing most of its firepower. Now that I look at this design more clearly, I think this design is perfectly built to take advantage of special munitions for its MML launchers.
Turtle Wax! It's the preferred Mech and Tank Wax of the SLDF! - Terra Holovid 2695

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2012, 09:21:00 »
yeah, reserve at least one ton of LRM and 1 ton of SRM ammo for special stuff. May I recommend Inferno and Incendiary?

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2012, 11:20:21 »
Like the fluff says, the OCRAF was trying to save cost as much as possible, so yay to fusion engine and nay to light fusion engine. I forgot to fill in the extra half ton to my armor, thanks I filled it in now. 20-22 shots for a missile launcher is just perfect in my opinion, usually thats around how many shots of ammo I use in any section of my campaign. Also, keep in mind that if the ammo runs out on this design, it loses a great deal of its firepower, so I didn't wanna risk this design losing most of its firepower. Now that I look at this design more clearly, I think this design is perfectly built to take advantage of special munitions for its MML launchers.
Well, you've got more than 40 rounds per launcher! The likelihood of running through that much before you've got to retreat due to damage anyway is negligible, unless you plan to load up with a couple of tons of Thunder/T-aug and mine the battlezone!

With 4 tons ammo you could load (using tourney legal ammo only), 1 ton each of NARC SRMs, Infernos, NARC LRMs, and SG-LRMs. If you have access to some of the rarer ammo types you can drop either the infernos or one LRM type and still have a decent load.

As for the LFE, that was more of a "and hey, if you give us a bit more money we could build a couple of this advanced version that can keep up with medium mechs!". :)

Turtle Wax

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2012, 23:16:25 »
The MML Launchers fire 22 SRM salvos and 20 LRM Salvos, so I really have no problem with the ammo situation. I prefer to have the standard fusion engine over the light fusion engine. The fusion engine saves costs, and also I feel that the speed of 64 kph is sufficient for this design. Since the OCRAF is a Periphery military, I am trying to save costs as much as possible while still creating effective fighting designs. If I absolutely needed to equip a light fusion engine I would, but it is not neccessary so eh.

Register