Author Topic: CLN-1OCR Chameleon  (Read 1175 times)

Turtle Wax

• Recruit
CLN-1OCR Chameleon
« on: 01 July 2012, 02:44:18 »
Chameleon CLN-1OCR Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Technology Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Production Year: 3077
Extinct By: Never

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chassis: OCR CLN Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Heavens Light 300 Light Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h
Jump Jets: OCR Lifters
     Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armor: Tough Weave Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
     1 OCR Particle Gun Snub-Nose PPC
     4 Punisher Medium Lasers
     2 Pulse Punisher Small Pulse Lasers
     1 OCR TAG TAG
Manufacturer: Mirage Manufacturing Inc
     Primary Factory: Mirage
Communications System: Chameleon Chat
Targeting and Tracking System: Republic Sharpshooter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview
The Chameleon battlemech, has served as a OCRAF trainer mech for centuries. In mid 3074, the OCRAF leadership wanted a frontline fighting version of the Chameleon battlemech for the OCRAF, and as fate would have it, Mirage Manufacturing Inc was already working on a frontline fighting version of the Chameleon battlemech designated the CLN- 1OCR. After reviewing the CLN-1OCR prototypes combat testing exercises from early 3075 to early 3076, OCRAF High Command liked what they saw in the CLN-1OCR, and three production runs of CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs were purchased for the OCRAF in mid 3076.

Capabilities
If you combine the CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs excellent movement capabillities with its total lack of ammuntion dependency, you get a top of the line striker battlemech which is able to fight on the frontlines for extended periods of time. Unlike the trainer version of the OCRAF Chameleon battlemech, the CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs heat levels are easy to manage. The CLN-1OCR chameleon battlemech has proved itself a effective urban fighter and it has also proved to be a very effective riot control mech, and the CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemech has proven that it excels as a garrison/patrol mech. The OCRAF mechwarriors who have piloted the CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemech have all spoken highly of the new design, and they are especially happy with the CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs improved armor protection.

Battle History
In early 3082 on the Pirate run planet Tumbleweed, four CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs fought alongside various different OCRAF vehicle forces in a effort to clear Tumbleweed of all Pirate forces. Pirate raiding from Tubleweed had become a thorn in the Outer Cosmos Republics side, and it had to be dealt with immediately. The Tumbleweed military campaign lasted for 3 weeks, and during the Tumbleweed campaign, four pirate battlemechs, including Pirate Leader One Eyed Jacks Guillotine battlemech were destroyed. Shortly after One Eyed Jacks capture by OCRAF forces, all remaining Pirate forces fled Tumbleweed.

Deployment
As of mid 3077, three production runs of CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemechs have been produced for the OCRAF. They have been deployed on bases throughout the Outer Cosmos Republic.

Technology Base: Inner Sphere 50.00 tons
Chassis Config: Biped Cost: 8,463,000 C-Bills
BV2: 1,465 Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F

Equipment   Mass
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 2.50
Internal Locations: 1 HD, 8 LA, 5 RA
Engine: 300 Light Fusion Engine 14.50
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 6 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL 3.00
Heat Sinks: 12 (24) - Double (12 in engine) 2.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: 161 points - Ferro-Fibrous 9.00
Armor Locations: 7 LT, 7 RT

Internal Armor
 Structure Factor
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 16 24
Center Torso (rear):  8
R/L Torso: 12 16
R/L Torso (rear):  8
R/L Arm: 8 16
R/L Leg: 12 20

Weapons and Ammo Location Heat Criticals Tonnage
2 Small Pulse Lasers CT 4 2 2.00
2 Medium Lasers RT 6 2 2.00
2 Medium Lasers LT 6 2 2.00
Snub-Nose PPC RA 10 2 6.00
TAG RA 0 1 1.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. OV Armor: 5 Points: 15
6j 4 3 0 0 2 0 Structure: 3 
Special Abilities: TAG, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Created using Solaris Skunk Werks
Downloadable here
Turtle Wax! It's the preferred Mech and Tank Wax of the SLDF! - Terra Holovid 2695

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
Re: CLN-1OCR Chameleon
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2012, 12:56:46 »
I luvs meh teh energy boats! Nicely done. :)

I must ask though, will they be Tagging for Arrow IV or for Copperhead tube launched artillery? Your Periphery Realm seems awfully high tech... which is great! Just wondering.

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2012, 14:12:42 »
I luvs meh teh energy boats! Nicely done. :)

I must ask though, will they be Tagging for Arrow IV or for Copperhead tube launched artillery? Your Periphery Realm seems awfully high tech... which is great! Just wondering.

Could always tag for laser-guided bombs... }:)

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2012, 15:09:43 »
Could always tag for laser-guided bombs... }:)

good idea!

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

Turtle Wax

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2012, 21:56:45 »
Hi guys, I am glad you like my CLN-1OCR Chameleon battlemech. Just so you guys know, I intended for the TAG laser to be used to spot for SEMI-GUIDED LRM MUNITIONS.

As for the Outer Cosmos Republics advanced tech, after the fall of the Star League, much like Comstar, many of the Star Leagues R&D staff and Star League technicians/personel joined the Outer Cosmos Republic and created very technologically advanced manufacturing facillities, and so as a result, ever since the fall of the Original Star League, the Outer Cosmos Republic has been a technologically advanced realm. Basically the Outer Cosmos Rebublic is technologically advanced and powerful for the same reason Comstar was technologically advanced and powerful in the early 3050s, the Outer Cosmos Republic stayed out of the fighting of the Succession Wars and maintained/improved its Star League Technology/Designs that it inherited from the fallen Star League, and over the next 325 years the Outer Cosmos Republic continued to improve its technological might. The reason why a lot of important fallen Star League R&D Staff/Soldiers/Technicians/Personel left the Inner Sphere and came to the Outer Cosmos Republic, is for the same reason Alexandar Kerensky left on his exodus, they were tired of all the bloodshed they had experienced in the Amaris Civil War, and they didn't want to be involved in the fighting of the Succession Wars.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2012, 22:23:16 by Turtle Wax »
Turtle Wax! It's the preferred Mech and Tank Wax of the SLDF! - Terra Holovid 2695

Register